+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Out of status application. New thread for those feeling lost.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Happy Sunday All,

I was hoping to please get some advice. I had an open PGWP and a temporary resident visa which expired on August 25th. I was lucky to receive an ITA on the 20th and I was able to gather all my documents and submit on the morning of the 25th. I attached the AOR to my BOWP application on the same day.

On Sept 13th I passed my medical and on Nov 22 they canceled my PR application as incomplete. My 90-day restoration has also passed on the same day and I wanted to know what my options are. Should I leave Canada right away? I haven't received a response about my BOWP but I know they will refuse that too because of the PR.

I put my self back in the pool and I have 495 points, I could submit a new application if I get an invite on the next draw but I don't want to remain illegally in Canada because that will affect my record when I want to apply for visas to other countries. I've never overstayed anywhere and I am really scared.

Oh, and my employer had promised to support me but they also decided to let me go two weeks into my application knowing full well how important it was to me. So it has been tough but I am trying to hang in there.

Please let me know if you have any advice, I appreciate you :)
As you applied for the BOWP, you still have valid Implied Status. It will likely be refused, which means you will have status until the date of refusal, at which point the 90 days to apply for Restoration would start.

Reactions: dreams2020

dreams2020

Nov 22, 2019
As you applied for the BOWP, you still have valid Implied Status. It will likely be refused, which means you will have status until the date of refusal, at which point the 90 days to apply for Restoration would start.
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I really appreciate it. I have received another ITA and would like to submit a new application tomorrow. Is it worth a try to send in a web form letting them know that I have submitted another e-APR and with my new AOR and proof that I have all the documents requested by cic before they start processing my BOWP application?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I really appreciate it. I have received another ITA and would like to submit a new application tomorrow. Is it worth a try to send in a web form letting them know that I have submitted another e-APR and with my new AOR and proof that I have all the documents requested by cic before they start processing my BOWP application?
Sure, you can try.

Amti

Jul 3, 2020
I've been in Canada out of status for 5 years, I'm now married and have an 11 month old baby. My husband and I applied for inland application and OWP in March 21, received notice of receipt on March 26. But since then it has been dead silence. I know that with the pandemic all processes have slowed down but Wondering if anyone is in the same situation as we are. I'm afraid about deportation given that now I have my baby boy.

Thank you!

Reactions: Ironman12

chunjea93

Mar 19, 2021
Hi everyone!
Please give me an advice on my situation. Please help!!

Im currently in the process of getting PR through express entry. I got ita, aor, submitted application and just waiting now.

The problem is that i am out of status and in 90 day period since my iec work permit expired. I have applied for restoration of status as visitor but i havnt heard back yet. Now i am wondering if this will affect my express entry application if my restoration is not done in time. Does anyone have any idea on this?

I am also wondering about the duration of visitor status. I wrote down that i will be in canada for 6 months on the restoration application, because i thought that would be enough time to get my pr approved. Now i am thinking that may not be enough time. Does anyone know if ircc gives the visitor status as it is written on the application?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone!
Please give me an advice on my situation. Please help!!

Im currently in the process of getting PR through express entry. I got ita, aor, submitted application and just waiting now.

The problem is that i am out of status and in 90 day period since my iec work permit expired. I have applied for restoration of status as visitor but i havnt heard back yet. Now i am wondering if this will affect my express entry application if my restoration is not done in time. Does anyone have any idea on this?

I am also wondering about the duration of visitor status. I wrote down that i will be in canada for 6 months on the restoration application, because i thought that would be enough time to get my pr approved. Now i am thinking that may not be enough time. Does anyone know if ircc gives the visitor status as it is written on the application?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!
This is the wrong place to be posting. Discussions in this section related directly to spousal sponsorship. Different rules apply to Express Entry. You need to post in the Express Entry section of the forum.

vampirella

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Hello!

Not quite sure if i am in the right thread.

My husband came to Canada in June 2019. He is currently out status. We got married in February. I want to finalize the sponsorship but he is out of status. Can anyone enlighten me on what to do, please.

I would.appreciate any feedback.

uche1991

Oct 21, 2019
My lawyer made a mistake in my application. I'm an international student that graduated in 2019 and applied for my PGWP after waiting for 4 months it was rejected indicating I skipped semester. Now this period my parents had an accident and neglected me due to medical bills. I couldn't pay my tuition fee and had to drop out, I worked save money and finish school. So for my 2nd application I used a lawyer and provide all the documents required now I had only 30 days to apply for status restoration. My lawyer told me she would apply for both my restoration and PGWP together and it would be approved. 2020 covid hit, I was unemployed since my rejection letter by cic said I should stop working. I waited for 10 months only to get a 2nd rejection letter and nothing was said about my status restoration. In the 2nd letter cic said I took only 2 course in my 2nd to last semester from school. Now this is school policy and I can't change it, I told my program adviser, they wrote a letter to immigration. Again the 3rd time I applied using a different lawyer, Now this lawyer suggest to apply for TR and PGWP that he was sure I will get another rejection letter if I apply for only PGWP. I have applied again in february 6th 2021 no reply yet from cic. Its february 2022. Its really sad but I'm sure everything will work with time.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My lawyer made a mistake in my application. I'm an international student that graduated in 2019 and applied for my PGWP after waiting for 4 months it was rejected indicating I skipped semester. Now this period my parents had an accident and neglected me due to medical bills. I couldn't pay my tuition fee and had to drop out, I worked save money and finish school. So for my 2nd application I used a lawyer and provide all the documents required now I had only 30 days to apply for status restoration. My lawyer told me she would apply for both my restoration and PGWP together and it would be approved. 2020 covid hit, I was unemployed since my rejection letter by cic said I should stop working. I waited for 10 months only to get a 2nd rejection letter and nothing was said about my status restoration. In the 2nd letter cic said I took only 2 course in my 2nd to last semester from school. Now this is school policy and I can't change it, I told my program adviser, they wrote a letter to immigration. Again the 3rd time I applied using a different lawyer, Now this lawyer suggest to apply for TR and PGWP that he was sure I will get another rejection letter if I apply for only PGWP. I have applied again in february 6th 2021 no reply yet from cic. Its february 2022. Its really sad but I'm sure everything will work with time.
You're posting in the wrong part of the forum. Answers in the section don't apply to your situation. Post in the International Students section.

dwija21

Sep 13, 2023
Hi guys, hope there's anybody who could help me with my dilemma. I'm out of status for years now, applied inland spousal sponsorship. They received my medical result last week.Now, I read in some of this threads, you need valid passport to finalize COPR. My problem is I can't renew my passport for I'm out of status, is there anyone who could help and advice me what to do. Im
Hi GIE34,

I am in a similar situation, my spouse is out of status and cannot renew his passport. We are yet to start the spousal sponsorship application - outland. Can you please share if you find any way out of getting your passport renewed w/o status?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi GIE34,

I am in a similar situation, my spouse is out of status and cannot renew his passport. We are yet to start the spousal sponsorship application - outland. Can you please share if you find any way out of getting your passport renewed w/o status?
This situation is actually quite different than yours since in this case the applicant is in Canada already. It's quite a different situation if the applicant is outside of Canada.

dwija21

Sep 13, 2023
This situation is actually quite different than yours since in this case the applicant is in Canada already. It's quite a different situation if the applicant is outside of Canada.
oh! I thought the passport renewal process would be the same everywhere, anyway. Thanks for the info!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
oh! I thought the passport renewal process would be the same everywhere, anyway. Thanks for the info!
It probably is. But the difference for you is that your spouse is not in Canada and is out of status outside of Canada. For someone who is out of status in Canada, my understanding is that there are ways to complete the landing from within Canada without necessarily overcoming the issue of the expired passport. I don't think it is the same in your situation. To be best of my knowledge, it's absolutely necessary for your spouse to renew their passport to be able to travel to Canada and land to become a PR.

Reactions: YVR123

dwija21

Sep 13, 2023
It probably is. But the difference for you is that your spouse is not in Canada and is out of status outside of Canada. For someone who is out of status in Canada, my understanding is that there are ways to complete the landing from within Canada without necessarily overcoming the issue of the expired passport. I don't think it is the same in your situation. To be best of my knowledge, it's absolutely necessary for your spouse to renew their passport to be able to travel to Canada and land to become a PR.

okay, now it makes sense to me. Thank you for the clarification @scylla :)