+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Out of status application. New thread for those feeling lost.

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019
Our relationship is %1000 genuine and we're expecting baby together :) hopefully officer will believe in our relationship too
Congratulations and stay positive

Mbm92

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
01/24/2019-application received
02/27/2019-CBSA visited home
03/14/2019-AOR
03/20/2019-medical request
03/29/2019-medical done
04/11/2019-CBSA interviewed optioned
Ppra or 60 days removal
I got the 60 days removal
05/07/2019-AIP w/ home police clearance
Requested i didn’t submit when I
Passed my app
05/07/2019-decision made sponsor side
ECAS
05/10/2019-received email Applicant-SA

Just waiting for my police clearance from my home country to release..
I’m 100% percent sure no issue in my police clearance. Let’s stay positive!..

Keep us updated thanks

PositiveEnergy

Aug 3, 2019
I was out of status when I send in my inland application (few days left for the 90 days to apply for restoration) I did apply for restoration of status and yes it was approved for one year :)
How did you do this please?
I am in similar situation as yours. I have my inland ainp application in progress

Chad4lyphe

Jul 28, 2019
Need abit of advice hope you all can share with me I sent in my spousal sponsorship application in June received AOR in July now CBS agency send me a letter to come to a hearing because I was out of status for 7 months anyone that go to the hearing a little advise will be appreciated

Keepfaith09

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
I’ve been out of status since 2015 i got visit from CBSA after i sent my application they seized my passport and they gave a removal order... IRCC sent back my passport to renew.good news in my app got my eligiblity passed sponsor approval medical done and now the are just waiting for my passport because i renewed it was expired when they seized it

MelonCakey

Nov 18, 2019
Ontario
Category........
Not sure if this is the right thread to post in, but:

At the end of this month [Nov 2019], my 90 days to apply for restoration will be over. I came over on two IEC working permits, last one expiring in August. My fiance and I are getting our sponsorship application put together to apply before the 90 days are over, but I was wondering how to best word the reasoning on the restoration form. We had to move in May, to be closer to my fiance's father who is in poor health; but that ate up the savings we had and jobs are very limited in the tiny town we're in now. My fiance just got work in August, but wasn't paid in time for my initial status deadline.

So the primary reason I went out of status was because we didn't have funding at the time, and I'm worried because I know proving you can be financially supported is part of the sponsorship application. Any advice is appreciated, thank you so much!

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018

At the end of this month [Nov 2019], my 90 days to apply for restoration will be over. I came over on two IEC working permits, last one expiring in August. My fiance and I are getting our sponsorship application put together to apply before the 90 days are over, but I was wondering how to best word the reasoning on the restoration form. We had to move in May, to be closer to my fiance's father who is in poor health; but that ate up the savings we had and jobs are very limited in the tiny town we're in now. My fiance just got work in August, but wasn't paid in time for my initial status deadline.

So the primary reason I went out of status was because we didn't have funding at the time, and I'm worried because I know proving you can be financially supported is part of the sponsorship application. Any advice is appreciated, thank you so much!
I was in same situation but not exactly same but kinda similar
I will advise you to get a lawyer
If you cant afford that
I can tell you what my lawyer did
You should apply for the pr application and sent it to case center and pay the whole fee i think it is $1040 ( dont remember exactly)
Than apply for Restoration as extend my stay as a worker and apply for new work permit ( i paid fee $445)
There is new program in which if you are applying for pr as a common law partner or married you can apply for a work permit while PR application is in process
I did that
I got my work permit in sep which is valid till 2021
and my waiting for my landing interview for pr

Last edited:

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018
To all those who are lost and got letter to leave canada
I just want to say that
Dont loose hope
I applied for my PR application common law after i got that letter
You can apply for the restoration of the status even if you got that letter

I am on work permit now ( new pilot program which allows you to apply for a work permit while pr application in process)

i am waiting for my landing interview for PR
So dont loose hope

PositiveEnergy

Aug 3, 2019

Sorry to hear about that bro.
I know how it feels like but you will get through it. I was once in such situation but mine is a bit different from yours.

I would suggest you get a lawyer just as some people suggested here.I believe you will be okay. Amen

Reactions: Sunny329

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I was in same situation but not exactly same but kinda similar
I will advise you to get a lawyer
If you cant afford that
I can tell you what my lawyer did
You should apply for the pr application and sent it to case center and pay the whole fee i think it is $1040 ( dont remember exactly)
Than apply for Restoration as extend my stay as a worker and apply for new work permit ( i paid fee $445)
There is new program in which if you are applying for pr as a common law partner or married you can apply for a work permit while PR application is in process
I did that
I got my work permit in sep which is valid till 2021
and my waiting for my landing interview for pr
Did you not apply for restoration to become a visitor?

Chad4lyphe

Jul 28, 2019
To all those who are lost and got letter to leave canada
I just want to say that
Dont loose hope
I applied for my PR application common law after i got that letter
You can apply for the restoration of the status even if you got that letter

I am on work permit now ( new pilot program which allows you to apply for a work permit while pr application in process)

i am waiting for my landing interview for PR
So dont loose hope
Thank that give me hope I was issues a excursion order after I sent my application in, now I'm on a deferral of removal hope they just give me time to let my application come to life.

Reactions: Sunny329

dreams2020

Nov 22, 2019
Happy Sunday All,

I was hoping to please get some advice. I had an open PGWP and a temporary resident visa which expired on August 25th. I was lucky to receive an ITA on the 20th and I was able to gather all my documents and submit on the morning of the 25th. I attached the AOR to my BOWP application on the same day.

On Sept 13th I passed my medical and on Nov 22 they canceled my PR application as incomplete. My 90-day restoration has also passed on the same day and I wanted to know what my options are. Should I leave Canada right away? I haven't received a response about my BOWP but I know they will refuse that too because of the PR.

I put my self back in the pool and I have 495 points, I could submit a new application if I get an invite on the next draw but I don't want to remain illegally in Canada because that will affect my record when I want to apply for visas to other countries. I've never overstayed anywhere and I am really scared.

Oh, and my employer had promised to support me but they also decided to let me go two weeks into my application knowing full well how important it was to me. So it has been tough but I am trying to hang in there.

Please let me know if you have any advice, I appreciate you :)