+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Out of status application. New thread for those feeling lost.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I came to canada as a student back in 2015. Everyone said u have it easy and for some part i believed it too. But being here, it tests you. I failed and gave in to stress. My grades started to fall and eventually i failed two subjects in the very last semester.

A person under stress when sees his dreams coming down, loses the sense of what to do next. I was confused and misguided. Lost my status and out of fear never renewed it. Now that i took some courage and decided to do something, the only way i find is to file an in-land spousal application. Now that would be the right way to go, but me being an anti social person can't get anywhere. My parents tell me to mend my ways but i don't know how to.

I know i am not supposed to work, but it's the only way i can support my brother in India. I know i made a mistake and am paying it heavily, but i wanna find a way out?
Your post makes no sense. Do you have a Canadian spouse or are you trying to find one to commit immigration fraud?

If you don't have a Canadian spouse, your way out is pretty simple: leave Canada.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I came to canada as a student back in 2015. Everyone said u have it easy and for some part i believed it too. But being here, it tests you. I failed and gave in to stress. My grades started to fall and eventually i failed two subjects in the very last semester.

A person under stress when sees his dreams coming down, loses the sense of what to do next. I was confused and misguided. Lost my status and out of fear never renewed it. Now that i took some courage and decided to do something, the only way i find is to file an in-land spousal application. Now that would be the right way to go, but me being an anti social person can't get anywhere. My parents tell me to mend my ways but i don't know how to.

I know i am not supposed to work, but it's the only way i can support my brother in India. I know i made a mistake and am paying it heavily, but i wanna find a way out?
Well it can’t be weighing to heavily on you . You are working illegally, and breaking the law

VancouverIsland

May 2, 2018
Hi i’m out of status since 2015 i sent already my application inland common law sponsorship last january 16th and received jan 24th according to canada post!. Last feb 27th canada borders came at the door they explained to me that they will hold my exclusion order because i have an inland sponsorship. I think they found me thru my application so they already reviewing it. I hope its good result.
thanks for sharing this info with us. my hubby is out of status for 3 years also. we sent our inland application on dec 5 and got medical request already. its been 2 months. im too scared that cbsa would visit us and take him away from me. hopefully they will let him stay until decision made :(

Canadianguy1989

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Hello,
I need your advise since you passed through what we are facing.
Our inland app was received may9
I got SA on feb 22
The PA got a letter yesterday saying she has an outstanding warrant of arrest( she has been out of status for 8years).so she's been told to clear it with cbsa before they can finalize her app.now we are worried, what to expect at this point with cbsa.

The fact is you must be prepared to be arrested and or detained. However the likelihood of the happening is not big unless of course theres been criminal record, or clear misconduct to avoid CBSA etc.

You must go to CBSA, you call them or see them in person etc, be prepared to let them know about your whereabouts for the last 8 years. you will have to stop working and conditions will be put on you. Just keep a positive mindset and consult with a lawyer as well.

Reactions: Calm2019

Sikuya

Star Member
Mar 12, 2018
The fact is you must be prepared to be arrested and or detained. However the likelihood of the happening is not big unless of course theres been criminal record, or clear misconduct to avoid CBSA etc.

You must go to CBSA, you call them or see them in person etc, be prepared to let them know about your whereabouts for the last 8 years. you will have to stop working and conditions will be put on you. Just keep a positive mindset and consult with a lawyer as well.
Thankyou for your response.

Reactions: Canadianguy1989

Sikuya

Star Member
Mar 12, 2018

An update on what happened to PA who was on a warrant,we hired a lawyer and accompanied us to cbsa.the cbsa officer we got was the best anyone can get.Glory to Jesus! did not harass us, as our application is nearing approval so he just asked her to go signing every month.did not handcuff her just read the paper that says m arresting,just to execute that warrant..I pray for everyone out of status panicking that God would calm your nerves.

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019
An update on what happened to PA who was on a warrant,we hired a lawyer and accompanied us to cbsa.the cbsa officer we got was the best anyone can get.Glory to Jesus! did not harass us, as our application is nearing approval so he just asked her to go signing every month.did not handcuff her just read the paper that says m arresting,just to execute that warrant..I pray for everyone out of status panicking that God would calm your nerves.
That’s good

Longroadtoimmigration

Sep 19, 2018
App. Filed.......
September 19th 2018
Interview........
I rebuke it ijn
LANDED..........
I shall testify
Congrats . The whole thing depends on the officers. May we not encounter a bad one

Keepfaith09

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
Hi there!. I passed my application common law sponsorship last january and i’m out of status since 2015 and last february cbsa came at our door.they very nice to me and explained everything.. they told to me i have an interview i dont have Aor yet

Canadianguy1989

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018

SO VERY HAPPY FOR YOU!!.

ive been in your shoes, just stay strong and compliant to all conditions and all will be well :)

Feb 27, 2019
North york
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-12-2018
AOR Received.
14-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Hi. I have OWP thru inland common-law sponsorship I have a son and I want him to go to school. He has an expired tourist visa. His mother (my ex wife) makes things hard for me .. How can I help my son retain his status and maybe goto school.
Thanks in advance for your help and advise.

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018
Hello,

I was out of status for 6 years when I applied for PR in May 2010.. My application was approved under H&C(inland sponsorship) and I became a PR on September 1, 2011.. I applied to be a Canadian Citizen this January and a decision was made this month. The period of not having a status were very trying times but I overcame by Gods grace.. If you are out there and going through this ordeal, please continue to stay strong and everything will fall into place.

Cheers!!!
Hi I don't know you are still using this forum or not
I need some help
I applied for my extension of my stay and I got refused and they told me to leave country ( my visitor Visa expired on 1 Nov and I applied for my dctrndext before that )
So I am out of status at the moment and thinking of applying about restoration

I am also applying for inland spouse common law application this week
Don't know what to do ,I am very tensed
Can anyone suggest Me something but don't say leave Canada I don't want to go

Reactions: Gill$&@

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019
Hi I don't know you are still using this forum or not
I need some help
I applied for my extension of my stay and I got refused and they told me to leave country ( my visitor Visa expired on 1 Nov and I applied for my dctrndext before that )
So I am out of status at the moment and thinking of applying about restoration

I am also applying for inland spouse common law application this week
Don't know what to do ,I am very tensed
Can anyone suggest Me something but don't say leave Canada I don't want to go[/QUOTE

what is your status before you applied an extension?

Last edited:

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018
Are you married or has common law spouse to a Canadian citizen or permanent here in Canada?what is your status before you applied an extension?
We are common law relationship from 4 years
I am on visitor visa, I applied for my extension of my stay and got refused yesterday....
We are living together for like 4 years My partner was married and came to Canada and got his pr 5 yrs ago and his partner died so he can't sponsor new spouse for 5 yrs ,so we were waiting that 5 years period to pass ,the five year period is over now that's why applying now for common law relationship application now
Is there any hope for us in this case