+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Out of status application. New thread for those feeling lost.

Canadianguy1989

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
The CBSA out of status interview is set for January 8 2019...The CBSA officer has been very kind us so far, even when the discovered my spouse was here out of status in Canada, there was no arrest, no bond, only monthly reporting and they where very nice to us. We where honest about everything in terms of out of status and provided all information to them.

We will take the proof that we have sent our application in. The good thing is that my spouse has a lot of family in Canada (legal citizens) as well my spouse visited Canada when he was a child. So there is a lot go genuine family ties, history and memories in Canada. Hoping we can overcome this hurdle as a couple. I really feel for couple out their going through the same thing as us.

I know CBSA are not here to keep people, rather they're job quite simply is to send people back to their native countries. My spouse has been reporting to the CBSA since August of 2018. Unfortunately it took us months to gather our file for Inland Sponsorship but it has been sent as of December 2018.

We have been given a lot of misleading information about CBSA interview, We have been told if you do not have AOR, CBSA can provide an exclusion order therefore nullifying the Inland sponsorship and my spouse we would be sent back to his native country.

However I have been also told even no AOR has been received, as long as you can show proof that an application as been sent, The CBSA officer has the option to let you wait for a few more weeks etc.

Not sure how this all will turn out next week, but we are staying and thinking positive, I hope the officer can see we are good people, and a young couple just starting our lives.

Sent inland sponsorship ..............December 6th 2018.
Received by Immigration Office ...........December 11 2018.
AOR.....................................................................WAITING

CBSA interview for spouse..................January 8 2019

Reactions: Ironman12

Ironman12

Feb 21, 2019
The CBSA out of status interview is set for January 8 2019...The CBSA officer has been very kind us so far, even when the discovered my spouse was here out of status in Canada, there was no arrest, no bond, only monthly reporting and they where very nice to us. We where honest about everything in terms of out of status and provided all information to them.

We will take the proof that we have sent our application in. The good thing is that my spouse has a lot of family in Canada (legal citizens) as well my spouse visited Canada when he was a child. So there is a lot go genuine family ties, history and memories in Canada. Hoping we can overcome this hurdle as a couple. I really feel for couple out their going through the same thing as us.

I know CBSA are not here to keep people, rather they're job quite simply is to send people back to their native countries. My spouse has been reporting to the CBSA since August of 2018. Unfortunately it took us months to gather our file for Inland Sponsorship but it has been sent as of December 2018.

We have been given a lot of misleading information about CBSA interview, We have been told if you do not have AOR, CBSA can provide an exclusion order therefore nullifying the Inland sponsorship and my spouse we would be sent back to his native country.

However I have been also told even no AOR has been received, as long as you can show proof that an application as been sent, The CBSA officer has the option to let you wait for a few more weeks etc.

Not sure how this all will turn out next week, but we are staying and thinking positive, I hope the officer can see we are good people, and a young couple just starting our lives.

Im currently in the same situation and planning to start the process of spouse sponsorship. Please keep posting, let us know how was the interview and how it affected the process. Hope everything went well!

Canadianguy1989

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Hello Folks,
***UPDATE***

CBSA interview for spouse..................January 8 2019,
Exclusion order given............................January 8 2019
PRRA sent to IRCC...............................February 11, 2019

AOR......................................................February 9, 2019
Medical Request...................................February 19, 2019
Medical Completed..............................February 22, 2019

Thankfully our inland spousal app is moving along just fine.
CBSA does have an active exclusion order on us right now, but we applied for PRRA.

Thank you

Longroadtoimmigration

Sep 19, 2018
App. Filed.......
September 19th 2018
Interview........
I rebuke it ijn
LANDED..........
I shall testify
We are still waiting as well. Refugee Appeal was sent September and we put application in same time. Tick Tock Tick Tock

Last edited:

Torablack

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hello Folks,
***UPDATE***

CBSA interview for spouse..................January 8 2019,
Exclusion order given............................January 8 2019
PRRA sent to IRCC...............................February 11, 2019

AOR......................................................February 9, 2019
Medical Request...................................February 19, 2019
Medical Completed..............................February 22, 2019

Thankfully our inland spousal app is moving along just fine.
CBSA does have an active exclusion order on us right now, but we applied for PRRA.

Thank you

Wow...two months in and you have already completed your medicals. That excellent news. If they speed the process this quick then it would be a real blessing to get PR by mid Spring! So happy for you!

Ironman12

Feb 21, 2019
Wow...two months in and you have already completed your medicals. That excellent news. If they speed the process this quick then it would be a real blessing to get PR by mid Spring! So happy for you!
This is wonderful, I can see that you can continue the sponsorship process even if an exclusion order is issued?

Torablack

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
This is wonderful, I can see that you can continue the sponsorship process even if an exclusion order is issued?
Anything is possible. Even with a deportation order you can still get your app approved so long that CBSA does not detain you

Reactions: Ironman12

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019

Canadianguy1989

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018

Thank you for your kind words! yes be are pretty blessed thanks to god, the app is moving pretty quick! hoping we get processed quickly

Ajay42256533

May 23, 2015
I came to canada as a student back in 2015. Everyone said u have it easy and for some part i believed it too. But being here, it tests you. I failed and gave in to stress. My grades started to fall and eventually i failed two subjects in the very last semester.

A person under stress when sees his dreams coming down, loses the sense of what to do next. I was confused and misguided. Lost my status and out of fear never renewed it. Now that i took some courage and decided to do something, the only way i find is to file an in-land spousal application. Now that would be the right way to go, but me being an anti social person can't get anywhere. My parents tell me to mend my ways but i don't know how to.

I know i am not supposed to work, but it's the only way i can support my brother in India. I know i made a mistake and am paying it heavily, but i wanna find a way out?

Sikuya

Star Member
Mar 12, 2018

Hello,
I need your advise since you passed through what we are facing.
Our inland app was received may9
I got SA on feb 22
The PA got a letter yesterday saying she has an outstanding warrant of arrest( she has been out of status for 8years).so she's been told to clear it with cbsa before they can finalize her app.now we are worried, what to expect at this point with cbsa.

Reactions: Gill$&@

Keepfaith09

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
Hi i’m out of status since 2015 i sent already my application inland common law sponsorship last january 16th and received jan 24th according to canada post!. Last feb 27th canada borders came at the door they explained to me that they will hold my exclusion order because i have an inland sponsorship. I think they found me thru my application so they already reviewing it. I hope its good result.

Reactions: Gill$&@

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019
Hi i’m out of status since 2015 i sent already my application inland common law sponsorship last january 16th and received jan 24th according to canada post!. Last feb 27th canada borders came at the door they explained to me that they will hold my exclusion order because i have an inland sponsorship. I think they found me thru my application so they already reviewing it. I hope its good result.
Hi there is a thread here for out of status with an exclusion order just search on the Forum. It’s good that hold the exclusion order for you hopefully until the results of your inland application. God bless on your application.

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019
Hello,
I need your advise since you passed through what we are facing.
Our inland app was received may9
I got SA on feb 22
The PA got a letter yesterday saying she has an outstanding warrant of arrest( she has been out of status for 8years).so she's been told to clear it with cbsa before they can finalize her app.now we are worried, what to expect at this point with cbsa.
Hi I don’t know the rules about CBSA but my suggestion is to seek an advice from a good Immigration Lawyer I’m sure there is in your area God bless on your application and hopefully CBSA will give you enough time to finalized your application

Reactions: Sikuya