+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Out of status application. New thread for those feeling lost.

gemini27

Jul 27, 2016
Hi everyone thank you there's a thread for out of status applicatns.
I am new in this forum and would like to try if anyone could give me advice regarding expired Alberta health Card.
My PR application is under process,just did the medical and need to submit PCC. I am also currently pregnant,I already extended my
health card for 3 months,now it is already expired and I'm already out of status. Didn't get my OWP yet.
1.Just wondering if someone had the same situation with me before, how much does it cost for labs and prenatal checkup in Alberta and how much the delivery cost?i heard i can reimburse those once I get my health card reinstated.
2.Also how long does it takes to get AIP after I submitted my medical on July 11th and PCC?
Hoping someone could help me and ease emotional stress at the moment.THANK YOU

Capin

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO CITY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
02-02-2016...........AOR2 received May 3 -2016
File Transfer...
SA 22-02-2016
Med's Done....
22-10-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/04/2017
VISA ISSUED...
01/17/2017
LANDED..........
01/23/2017
Hi guys,
Ny husband left Canada one year ago and applied Outland. Now the case is being processed but we are still waiting, and the waiting is endless.
I have been reading the threads from this forum and found you guys. Does anyone know that, is a refused refugee claimant with a removal order considered "out of status" and eligible to apply inland without leaving?
Be honest, if you guys answer "YES", I will just jump from the window now!

Loveactually

Star Member
Jan 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016
File Transfer...
11-07-2016
Med's Done....
Done upfront
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
COPR 08-18-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
After 3 months I got decision made

Reactions: jay2014

JayJay67890

Feb 13, 2016
Hi everyone! I feel at ease that I found others in the same situation as I am. I applied for my inland spousal sponsorship, work permit and restoration of status within the given 90days. I got my status restored and was waiting on my work permit, then I recently found out that I have to wait on AIP before getting my work permit which is going to take 16 months. Just the thought of that is just unbearable. Has anyone tried sending another work permit after restoring their status ?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JayJay67890 said:
Hi everyone! I feel at ease that I found others in the same situation as I am. I applied for my inland spousal sponsorship, work permit and restoration of status within the given 90days. I got my status restored and was waiting on my work permit, then I recently found out that I have to wait on AIP before getting my work permit which is going to take 16 months. Just the thought of that is just unbearable. Has anyone tried sending another work permit after restoring their status ?
When does your new status expire?

AFAIK, the only qualification for the [not so new] Pilot Program OWP is an active Inland application...and legal status. Since you now have both, I say give it a try. Make sure you pay the full amount of $255 for the OWP.

confusedhusband

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JayJay67890 said:
Thank you. I am going to apply again and see if I will get it.
Now you have the status so go ahead and apply for the OWP. I send a OWP without status and when I got my status restored , I got my OWP.
All the best

Marulara

Star Member
Mar 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2016
AOR Received.
03-05-2016
File Transfer...
30-05-2016
Med's Done....
02-03-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
IP - March 3, DM - March 11, PPR - March 14
VISA ISSUED...
March 17,2017
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time - April 9,2017
I have to go back home for urgent reason. I already received aor2 while oos here in canada, i applied outland.
Can i leave canada and still continue with my application?

pip_kerr

Star Member
Nov 13, 2015
Wow thanks to everyone for sharing your stories, I am also going through the same issues and know now first hand how stressful and useless it can make you feel. I know what it is like to feel stupid about getting confused about how the CIC website works, it can be so complicated and so easy to make a small mistake that massively effects your life.
I was granted a 24 month work permit in 2015, when i was at the border I only had 12months insurance so the officer only granted me a 12 month permit. He told me it would be easy to extend, unfortunately this is where I made the mistake, I went through IEC to reapply when I should have extended, it was refused and I landed into a 'out of status' situation. Now I am so lost as what to do, I am not working and my fiancee is supporting me. She is Canadian so we will apply for PR but I know it will still be a long time till I can work, I still have the option to extend and restore my work permit but I am worried about wasting time and money if it is refused again, plus it will still take four months. Now we think we will apply offshore and then go back to Oz to visit family in December, at least there I can work and wait for the PR to come through, which I have been told is a lot quicker. Wish us luck, hope everyones situations work out ok. :)

maria_mirabela

Jul 14, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Toronto
JayJay67890 said:
My new status expires July 2017
Hi,

I was wondering.. How long does it take for your status to be restored? I've applied for visitor restoration in late August and nothing yet. Do they process it within the extension time-frame, cause I couldn't see any processing time for restoration on CIC website, only new visa or visa extension...

ADRIANMR

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
Hello,

I was out of status for 6 years when I applied for PR in May 2010.. My application was approved under H&C(inland sponsorship) and I became a PR on September 1, 2011.. I applied to be a Canadian Citizen this January and a decision was made this month. The period of not having a status were very trying times but I overcame by Gods grace.. If you are out there and going through this ordeal, please continue to stay strong and everything will fall into place.

Cheers!!!
I will submit my application tomorrow after 3 years be with out status, of course I’m nervous but let’s be strong happy that Is opportunity, I’m applying common law

GIE34

Jun 8, 2017
Hi guys, hope there's anybody who could help me with my dilemma. I'm out of status for years now, applied inland spousal sponsorship. They received my medical result last week.Now, I read in some of this threads, you need valid passport to finalize COPR. My problem is I can't renew my passport for I'm out of status, is there anyone who could help and advice me what to do. Im

ADRIANMR

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
Hi guys, hope there's anybody who could help me with my dilemma. I'm out of status for years now, applied inland spousal sponsorship. They received my medical result last week.Now, I read in some of this threads, you need valid passport to finalize COPR. My problem is I can't renew my passport for I'm out of status, is there anyone who could help and advice me what to do. Im
HEY wherever your from you’re embassy can expedite a passport even if you don’t have legal status I did that with out problem (I’m from Mexico) the best luck