+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Out-land spousal sponsorship

Astar123

Mar 19, 2018
hi everyone,

I have sponsored my husband for pr in Canada and just have a few questions that I can’t find answers to. As many of you know, it’s really difficult to tell which stage you are at when your application is processing... I’ve tried to find information on what stages your application goes through while processing but haven’t been successful in doing so.

A little background:

We applied apr2017 (Outland) and I was approved as a sponsor then on sept 2017 we were notified that our documents were sent to Canadian embassy in Rome for further processing(embassy that overlooks the country we applied from) and our documents have been processing since.

We have just received a letter asking for my husband to give his medical examination.. is this a sign that the processes is coming to an end? What other things may follow this? Or is it just they ask for things as they need them without having a specific timeline... I’m really hoping this means the end is near.. I look forward to your guys’ thoughts!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I wouldn't say the medical request comes at the end, it's probably more in the middle of the process. The probably have yet to complete (or possibly even start) background and security checks. So I would assume you still have several months to go and are looking at end of summer before you're done. But you never know - could happen sooner. Which visa office also somewhat influences things.

Astar123

Mar 19, 2018
I wouldn't say the medical request comes at the end, it's probably more in the middle of the process. The probably have yet to complete (or possibly even start) background and security checks. So I would assume you still have several months to go and are looking at end of summer before you're done. But you never know - could happen sooner. Which visa office also somewhat influences things.
Well on the website it said that the process takes 12 months, so what you are saying is that you think our process is going to go about 16 months and that in the past 6 months our documents have been sitting at the Italy office doing nothing? We have already sent the medical when we first applied (january2017) but application got refused for some missing documentation and then we reapplied and got approved in May 2017 and now they are asking for another medical since a year has lapsed since we did the first one.