+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OUT FAM - VIENNA Late 2014 Applicants - JOIN!

mimosa86

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Still waiting for Step 1...
I am abroad and cannot contact CIC but will upon my return...

dominokitty

Mar 19, 2014
Canada - Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2015
AOR Received.
12-12-2015
Med's Request
16-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront, then again on 25-05-2016
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
30-06-2016 - Calgary
Hey everyone! Just reviving this thread a bit - I haven't sent our application out yet but it will be happening in the next few days. I am so excited to get this show on the road! The relief is going to be just insane - this mountain of paperwork staring at me is stressing me out daily, haha.

My husband is Austrian, do any of you know of anyone who has been on this forum who is actually from Austria? My husband lives right in Vienna and has his whole life. I love that city!! We have a very straightforward case so I'm very hopeful that things will move along quickly. I've seen a few people from Germany who seemed to be processed fairly quickly, does anyone know if citizenship matters in this case? Or do we all go in the same pile and hope for the best?

verna

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
bosnia
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2014
Doc's Request.
30-05-2014
AOR Received.
01-05-2014
File Transfer...
02-05-2014
Med's Done....
05-01- 2014 re do 26/02/2015
Interview........
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
april-14-2015
VISA ISSUED...
april-20-2015
LANDED..........
may-09-2015
chris1302 said:
hi what do you guys mean by AOR?
Are you applying inland or outland? I know that both go to Vegreville for the first stage, then if the application is outland it goes to Vienna. so what I am asking is does anyone know how long each process takes? I am canadian and want to sponsor my husband who is Croatia.

This is a post that I posted in another post.

hi there hoping someone can help?
I am a canadian citizen, my husband is Croatian, we are now in canada i am working and he is here on a tourist visa which expires next month but we did send an extension for this.
Now the question is we are going to apply for spousal sponsorship and I dont know if we should do inland or outland?

We want him to stay in canada during the application process. Can I still apply outland? If we go outland will he need to leave canada?
What about medical when applying outland?

I know inland takes longer but is it maybe the safer way to go?
hello there.
if u applying outland, u have right of appeal inland u dont have. now process inland is much longer, for medical dosent matter, u have to say whic visa office is gona process application.

mimosa86

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called CIC locally today and supposedly Step 1 ballooned to a high 80 something days and the fact it said 48 days when I applied almost 3 months ago means nothing. Supposedly, they just opened my envelope. No AOR yet. I want to bawl. There's a thick 2 months added to my timeline, unseen in history except in cases where forms were actually incorrect. :(!!!

mimosa86

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Either I suck at running a thread or there are way less newbies applying for PR...?

Well step 1 is officially at 81 days so I may be very wrong. I finally got my backdated AOR by email and anticipate the decision to arrive any day now...

The international offices processing times haven't been updated since July so I do plan to email Vienna very politely soon. There have been posts from supposed insiders who warned that bugging foreign offices by email can backfire... If you have an opinion or a real story on the topic please warn me lol!

I just met a guy whose wife got Multiple Entry TRV off the bat... they met online and dated 4 months before marrying... I am puzzled as to why we got refused twice now... debating trying for a multiple entry TRV this time once our PR application sits with Vienna for a few months... gathering all the papers is crazy though so we're reluctant... It all depends if Vienna is at 17 months sTill or 7-8 like it seems from recent posts on the other thread...

Wishing you tons of patience... And happiness thereafter!! 8)

mimosa86

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dominokitty said:
Hey everyone! Just reviving this thread a bit - I haven't sent our application out yet but it will be happening in the next few days. I am so excited to get this show on the road! The relief is going to be just insane - this mountain of paperwork staring at me is stressing me out daily, haha.

My husband is Austrian, do any of you know of anyone who has been on this forum who is actually from Austria? My husband lives right in Vienna and has his whole life. I love that city!! We have a very straightforward case so I'm very hopeful that things will move along quickly. I've seen a few people from Germany who seemed to be processed fairly quickly, does anyone know if citizenship matters in this case? Or do we all go in the same pile and hope for the best?
Check the other Vienna thread with 549 pages... good luck!

DankaRad

Apr 3, 2014
Hellooo Everyone! I'm not sure iif you are still using this tread, I just wanted to say hi and see where everyone has gotten to? I applied outland last year in May, for my husband who ive bin married to for 6 years and have 2 kids with (pretty straight forward case) so its almost been 14 months.. I received in process in January, and my app has bin sent to background checks.. and since then no news from Vienna! Anybody else bin through this?