+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Our Thousand Islands Lansdowne landing experience

opotato

Feb 8, 2019
No. I have read many forums.. It does not impact your future travels..
It will not show in your passport
That is not totally correct. You will have to declare this everytime you want to enter the US and it will be on your record with the US immigration.
It doesn't mean that future travels will be impossible but saying that there is no impact is a bit far fetched. You will have to explain this administrative refusal to the USCBP every time you go to the US for the rest of your life.

If you can, it is recommended to enter the US (especially if you are from a visa exempt country) and go for, let's say, shopping before getting back into Canada.

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
That is not totally correct. You will have to declare this everytime you want to enter the US and it will be on your record with the US immigration.
It doesn't mean that future travels will be impossible but saying that there is no impact is a bit far fetched. You will have to explain this administrative refusal to the USCBP every time you go to the US for the rest of your life.

If you can, it is recommended to enter the US (especially if you are from a visa exempt country) and go for, let's say, shopping before getting back into Canada.
Next time where to declare ?

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019

joe141985

Nov 5, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-04-2018
Doc's Request.
RCMP
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
Passport Req..
23-07-2019
Reactions: cecict

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Just additional questions/time spent at the border + issues if you forget to declare.
Personally I wanted to avoid that.
I do have US visa and I will listen to your advice when landing (go for lunch at least)

They will still let you cross the border in future but it is troublesome to leave a "refuse entry" record for life lol

don't wanna ruin a nice Disney vacation or NYC trip at customs

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
I do have US visa and I will listen to your advice when landing (go for lunch at least)

They will still let you cross the border in future but it is troublesome to leave a "refuse entry" record for life lol

don't wanna ruin a nice Disney vacation or NYC trip at customs
if you have already have a US visa...why were you worried to cross the border then ?

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
Landed successfully today at Lansdowne land border.....
Did Flagpole at US border...no questions asked as I was previously in US for 5 years....collected the refusal letter and came back to Canada border where agent signed my COPR....i was asked about my proof of funds and address for receiving PR card..they took my expired Work Permit....
Total process from waiting at US Border up to signing of COPR took 1.5 hours...
now waiting for my PR card...

Reactions: deeps1987

deeps1987

Jun 2, 2018
does any one know if flagpoling can be done on a sunday?
It can be done any day and any time.
Restrictions applies only in Fort Erie (Peace Bridge), Niagara-on-the-Lake (Queenston-Lewiston Bridge) and Niagara Falls (Rainbow Bridge) ports of entry.

Refer
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/settle-setablir-eng.html

1000 island has no restriction.
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/do-rb/offices-bureaux/223-eng.html

P.S. I did flagpoling and landed on Saturday afternoon.

Good luck.

stigger

Jun 2, 2019