AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
Passport Req..
23-07-2019
Here is our landing experience.

------
Note: we originally applied from Vancouver but due to a job loss had to temporarily shift to Montreal.
------

We started off from Montréal early around 7:00am.

Drove to Brockville, Ontario and reached there around 9:40 am where we were waiting for 2 of our friends coming from Toronto who were also to do their landing along with us.

They reached our location and we all started at 11:00am towards the Thousand Islands Bridge Border crossing.

We hired a cab to take us all there and we reached the USA side first.

The American border officer stopped us at the port of entry and started to ask questions to the first person of contact who was our driver (poor guy probably have never done something like flagpoling before). The officer gave us a bit of a hard time and started to ask questions like how we know each other, why is it that we were not driving and he was, what was our purpose, etc and then asked the driver to pull into the compound and park the car. Then we were asked to get down and head on into the American border office building where another officer was waiting for us.( probably because the car had one two many Indians than they would like)

At this point of time the officer called us towards him and started asking how do we know each other, why did we decide to come to this location when for me there were closer options in Montreal and Niagara falls for my friend. We answered in all honesty that I can't apply from Quebec and Niagara falls is generally quite busy with limited applications received per day and not on weekends. That we had lost our jobs in Vancouver due to a massive lay off (to which the border officer kinda insultingly said that it meant we were not good in our jobs) and then gave us a refused entry to USA slip and sent us back towards Canada. The whole process at the American side took about 20-30 mins.

We took a U turn and drove to the Canadian side where we were greeted by a very polite Border officer who asked us our purpose of coming. We said for completing our landing and she handed us over our passports and asked us to park in the compound and walk inside the building. Once we entered the building a receptionist asked us and guided us to the immigration counter where one officer took our passports and COPRs. I mentioned to him that the first date of entry into Canada for my spouse was wrong and he told me not to worry about it. Took our address for PR card mailing and said to give him our residential address. We gave our Montreal one and he asked us to kindly have a seat. We waited for about 10 mins and were called to the booth again. We were asked to sign the COPR in 4 places.. 3 initials and 1 full signature. The officer himself signed and explained that how in the next couple of weeks our PR cards would come in via email and that we should always be very careful with our cards and protect it. He then stamped our COPRs within our passports and congratulated us on becoming Permanent Residents of Canada.

A very long journey finally came to an end.. A huge weight was lifted off my shoulder and the drive back home seemed just too beautiful to be true.. A sense of belonging finally realized as true. I wish all other applicants a speedy processing.

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
Took our address for PR card mailing and said to give him our residential address. We gave our Montreal one
Wow, you gave Montreal address? I thought you can’t do that.

Tara533

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019

------
Note: we originally applied from Vancouver but due to a job loss had to temporarily shift to Montreal.
------

Drove to Brockville, Ontario and reached there around 9:40 am where we were waiting for 2 of our friends coming from Toronto who were also to do their landing along with us.

They reached our location and we all started at 11:00am towards the Thousand Islands Bridge Border crossing.

The American border officer stopped us at the port of entry and started to ask questions to the first person of contact who was our driver (poor guy probably have never done something like flagpoling before). The officer gave us a bit of a hard time and started to ask questions like how we know each other, why is it that we were not driving and he was, what was our purpose, etc and then asked the driver to pull into the compound and park the car. Then we were asked to get down and head on into the American border office building where another officer was waiting for us.( probably because the car had one two many Indians than they would like)

At this point of time the officer called us towards him and started asking how do we know each other, why did we decide to come to this location when for me there were closer options in Montreal and Niagara falls for my friend. We answered in all honesty that I can't apply from Quebec and Niagara falls is generally quite busy with limited applications received per day and not on weekends. That we had lost our jobs in Vancouver due to a massive lay off (to which the border officer kinda insultingly said that it meant we were not good in our jobs) and then gave us a refused entry to USA slip and sent us back towards Canada. The whole process at the American side took about 20-30 mins.

We took a U turn and drove to the Canadian side where we were greeted by a very polite Border officer who asked us our purpose of coming. We said for completing our landing and she handed us over our passports and asked us to park in the compound and walk inside the building. Once we entered the building a receptionist asked us and guided us to the immigration counter where one officer took our passports and COPRs. I mentioned to him that the first date of entry into Canada for my spouse was wrong and he told me not to worry about it. Took our address for PR card mailing and said to give him our residential address. We gave our Montreal one and he asked us to kindly have a seat. We waited for about 10 mins and were called to the booth again. We were asked to sign the COPR in 4 places.. 3 initials and 1 full signature. The officer himself signed and explained that how in the next couple of weeks our PR cards would come in via email and that we should always be very careful with our cards and protect it. He then stamped our COPRs within our passports and congratulated us on becoming Permanent Residents of Canada.

A very long journey finally came to an end.. A huge weight was lifted off my shoulder and the drive back home seemed just too beautiful to be true.. A sense of belonging finally realized as true. I wish all other applicants a speedy processing.
Hi
Any link for PR CARD after flog pole
Plz share the link

joe141985

Nov 5, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-04-2018
Doc's Request.
RCMP
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
Passport Req..
23-07-2019
Hi
Any link for PR CARD after flog pole
Plz share the link
Hi,

You can link your PR card application via your IRCC account.

There is a PR card tracker on Immitracker as well.

dular125p

Mar 4, 2016

------
------

Thank you very much for detailed info. I tried flagpoling Niagara Rainbow and Queenston Lewiston bridges in total five times with no luck. I need to get the PR card soon as I will be going india soon and do not want to apply for travel document in india as my stay in india is short. Can you share your date when you went there as I am concerned if it is like Niagara to be able to flagpole on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays only.

deeps1987

Jun 2, 2018
Thank you very much for detailed info. I tried flagpoling Niagara Rainbow and Queenston Lewiston bridges in total five times with no luck. I need to get the PR card soon as I will be going india soon and do not want to apply for travel document in india as my stay in india is short. Can you share your date when you went there as I am concerned if it is like Niagara to be able to flagpole on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays only.
I did my landing yesterday. They operate 24X7 as I did my landings on Saturday afternoon around 2:45PM.

Reactions: joe141985

joe141985

Nov 5, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-04-2018
Doc's Request.
RCMP
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
Passport Req..
23-07-2019
Sorry to hear that. You can flagpole at the Thousand Islands Bridge Border any day and any time. It operates 24X7 365 days a year. So yes..you can go on the weekends.

snow.snow

Aug 20, 2019
Sorry to hear that. You can flagpole at the Thousand Islands Bridge Border any day and any time. It operates 24X7 365 days a year. So yes..you can go on the weekends.
Hey guys, just wanted to share some news: my friend went to Thousand Islands bridge last weekend to flagpole, but was refused processing. Bear in mind, he wanted to apply for PGWP and they said they don't do flagpole requests on the weekend. However, my thought is that they didn't want to bother with a work permit, and if you have a COPR to finish the landing, they should not refuse you and everything should be fine!

With this being said, if you have any friends who need to flagpole for the reasons other than PR landing, probably do not suggest to them that they can go to Thousand Islands on the weekend. They told my friend to come back during the week.

Personally, I did my landing at Thousand Islands on Monday around 6PM.

Reactions: Eduardo F

cecict

Jul 14, 2018

------
------

Do we need to take Photos with us ?

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.