Passport Req..
Oct 14 2015, Sent Oct 16 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 21 2015 [color=green] [b] COMPLETE [/color]
thanks
mikeymyke said:
Yes, try get everything certified/notarized, the passport does not have to be translated because it should already have English words included, double check her passport to be sure.
oh, i meant my canadian passport. do i have to certify my copy of passport? :)

M

mikeymyke

alex1234p said:
thanks
oh, i meant my canadian passport. do i have to certify my copy of passport? :)
Honestly I don't know, but I don't think so. The document checklist says to send a photocopy of the passport, doesn't say it has to be certified. The only time I could remember my passport photocopy had to be certified was when I applied to get married in Vietnam (Canadian govt required passport copy be certified before using the Foreign affairs stamp).

When I sent copy of my passport to CIC, it already had the certified copy stamp from my Canadian notary and the foreign affairs stamp, from way back before I applied to get married, I just simply used that copy. Luckily the Viet authorities gave all my documents back after the marriage license, so I just re-used those old docs. I'd probably just get it certified to be on the safe side, its only a few dollars.

canhandvi

May 19, 2014
Kitchener,Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-03-2014
AOR Received.
June-03-2014
File Transfer...
August-04-2014
Med's Done....
May-07-2014
Interview........
Interview Waived
Passport Req..
October-24-2014 Sent in PP October-27-2014 and Decision Made: November-20-2014
VISA ISSUED...
November-20-2014
mikeymyke said:
You should type them, the text is more clearer and when you use the PDF forms, they automatically let you know if you're missing fields when you try to validate. If you don't have enough space, use a separate sheet of paper with your name, the name of the form, the question # and the question itself.

Hello mikeymyke,

Did your wife go to IOM in HCM city to fill out forms for her part at all? I heard that they have a service where the forms are in Vietnamese and your spouse would go there and fill that out to submit with the application?

M

mikeymyke

canhandvi said:
Hello mikeymyke,

Did your wife go to IOM in HCM city to fill out forms for her part at all? I heard that they have a service where the forms are in Vietnamese and your spouse would go there and fill that out to submit with the application?
No, I helped filled out her forms for her, all she does is sign them. I don't think I've ever heard of that service from IOM, I knew they used to do translation from Viet to English for documents in the past, but they don't do it any more. FYI, I don't know if this applies to you, but I found out at that time, IOM will do professional fingerprinting, in case you need an FBI background check or something like that.

We didn't hire a lawyer or get anyone to do our forms, because we wanted to be in control of what we write and submit. There are lots of stories about lawyers who don't do a good job, who put in wrong info or even forget to send the forms, we don't like that, plus it costs $, so we rather do it ourselves.

loveoflife

Dec 23, 2013
canhandvi said:
Hello mikeymyke,

I heard from forum in Vietnamese some ladies did it recently in IOM - Pham Ngoc Thach St., Dist.1, HCMC. It costs 90USD, and they will translate based on the information your wife filled in, turn back in a week or so. I, personally, did not use the service cos I fill together with hubby to emphasize on strong points and answer weak points to minimize waiting time of interview. You have your choice.

alex1234p

Apr 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 4 2014
AOR Received.
SA Aug 1 2014
File Transfer...
Aug 1 2014
Med's Done....
Apr 25 2014, #2 after interview-Sept 22 2015
Interview........
Request-Dec 2014, Interview-Sept 5 2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9 2015
LANDED..........
in form IMM 5669 at the end of form there is a "DO NOT COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING SECTION NOW..." but there's an Interpreter Declaration. do it fill it out and sign it?

alex1234p

Apr 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 4 2014
AOR Received.
SA Aug 1 2014
File Transfer...
Aug 1 2014
Med's Done....
Apr 25 2014, #2 after interview-Sept 22 2015
Interview........
Request-Dec 2014, Interview-Sept 5 2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9 2015
LANDED..........
thanks mikeymyke... :)

canhandvi

May 19, 2014
Kitchener,Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-03-2014
AOR Received.
June-03-2014
File Transfer...
August-04-2014
Med's Done....
May-07-2014
Interview........
Interview Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November-20-2014
A few questions I'm unsure, does anyone know for the section on Background A where it ask to fill in your address since your 18th or 10 years whichever is more recent.. my husband has only lived at the one address so do I fill out the year he was born and month "from" and what do you fill in "to" the date you signed the application or write "present"?

As well I wanted to know if all the forms (sponsor and principal applicant forms)are all signed on the same date. Does form IMM0008 and IMM 1344 need to be signed on the date it was validated or can it be a different date? Does the form barcode have date it was created?

My last question is where do you send the application package to? I have this address:
Case Processing Centre-Mississauga
2 Rober Speck Parkway, Suite 300
Mississauga,Ontario L4Z 1H8

Did anyone send their application to this address or the P.O Box 3000, Station A address?

Kind Regards,

Vi and Canh

M

mikeymyke

alex1234p said:
thanks mikeymyke... :)
No problem, I check this forum often, you will get a response quick :)

A few questions I'm unsure, does anyone know for the section on Background A where it ask to fill in your address since your 18th or 10 years whichever is more recent.. my husband has only lived at the one address so do I fill out the year he was born and month "from" and what do you fill in "to" the date you signed the application or write "present"?

As well I wanted to know if all the forms (sponsor and principal applicant forms)are all signed on the same date. Does form IMM0008 and IMM 1344 need to be signed on the date it was validated or can it be a different date? Does the form barcode have date it was created?

My last question is where do you send the application package to? I have this address:
Case Processing Centre-Mississauga
2 Rober Speck Parkway, Suite 300
Mississauga,Ontario L4Z 1H8

Did anyone send their application to this address or the P.O Box 3000, Station A address?

Kind Regards,

Vi and Canh
Yeah fill out the birthdate and then just write present. I don't think it needs to be signed on same date because its unreasonable for CIC to expect your spouse to sign and mail the forms to you on the same date as you are signing yours

You're applying outland right? So you should use a courier service (I used Purolator, but you can use DHL, FedEx, UPS) to send to that Robert Speck Parkway address that you just listed. Couriers are more expensive, but they offer tracking and faster shipping.

canhandvi

May 19, 2014
Kitchener,Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-03-2014
AOR Received.
June-03-2014
File Transfer...
August-04-2014
Med's Done....
May-07-2014
Interview........
Interview Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November-20-2014
mikeymyke said:
Yeah fill out the birthdate and then just write present. I don't think it needs to be signed on same date because its unreasonable for CIC to expect your spouse to sign and mail the forms to you on the same date as you are signing yours

You're applying outland right? So you should use a courier service (I used Purolator, but you can use DHL, FedEx, UPS) to send to that Robert Speck Parkway address that you just listed. Couriers are more expensive, but they offer tracking and faster shipping.
@mikeymyke, did you fill in N/A for the expiry date of the CMND for your wife? On my husband family registry listed my husband date of arrival 16 of Feb 1990 with his parents I'm still not sure if I should write that date for the the "from" section for current address lived since your 18th birthday or like you mention the year he was born?

M

mikeymyke

There was no expiry on my wife's card, but I believe she told me the expiry is typically 15 years from the date issued. I can't verify that for you now because I'm not at home to check our old documents to see what I wrote for expiry.

Well since your husband only lived in that address his whole life, he should just write the date when he turned 18, under the "From" section.

canhandvi

May 19, 2014
Kitchener,Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-03-2014
AOR Received.
June-03-2014
File Transfer...
August-04-2014
Med's Done....
May-07-2014
Interview........
Interview Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November-20-2014
mikeymyke said:
There was no expiry on my wife's card, but I believe she told me the expiry is typically 15 years from the date issued. I can't verify that for you now because I'm not at home to check our old documents to see what I wrote for expiry.

Well since your husband only lived in that address his whole life, he should just write the date when he turned 18, under the "From" section.
Thanks Mikeymyke!
I just sent my application package, used Canada XPost to send, it was 4.8 kg. Now it's just waiting time and fingers cross for our application to be approved and sent to Singapore. Did you get any updates on your application yet?

Thanks for all your answers :)

M

mikeymyke

No updates yet, congrats on finally completing your application. My package came out to about 5 kg as well, good job making your application as thorough as possible.

Being from Singapore VO, it is very important to give them the best possible application so that you avoid the interview, which will delay your application by 2 years, and it seems like you guys did a good job of creating a good package. Is your husband planning to come visit you? I plan on my wife to apply for the visitor visa in August to visit me for 3 weeks, then we will go travel to Europe/Saigon for 4 weeks total in December.