+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Our landing experience

ayrazar

Jul 2, 2015
Husband landed today. We haven't imported his car, going to go back for it once the title shows up (crazy wait for the title).

We packed up the SUV I borrowed from my mother and spend like 2 hours printing and checking and fixing and re-printing the goods accompanying and goods to follow lists. Got everything set. Hopped in the car, husband had grabbed the folder. Drove on, an hour later husband suddenly goes OH WAIT LOOK IN THE FOLDER. He had grabbed the wrong folder; we left without the 4 copies of the goods lists. SIGH.

An hour and a half later we're BACK ON THE ROAD.

We head up to the border (travelling from just west of Albany to Lansdowne/Thousand Islands). Get to the gate. Husband hands the border guard our passports and his COPR. She doesn't look at them and asks where he lives. He stammers out something about landing (haha, caught him off guard) and she smiled and goes to fill out the yellow paper for us to head inside, couldn't find a pen. Digging all over the place. We start digging, find a pen: it doesn't work. We find another pen, hand it to her. She says we can't have it back. I ask her if she's confiscating it and she nods solemnly. (I love border guards with senses of humour..)

Anyways, crisis averted we head inside with out little slip of paper. I step inside so I can wait for what I assume will be a search of the car to compare it to the goods list. Husband walks up to the immigration desk. The officer just grabbed the pages and went in the back. He came out awhile later and METICULOUSLY folded it into a perfect passport sized page. Like. With skill. And time. Anyways, hands him the passport, tells him he has no idea how long the PR card will take. Tells him to apply for SIN, wait on OHIP, etc. Tells him immigration wise he's done now, head to customs.

So he walks up to the customs officer, tells him he's landing, hands him the passport/COPR/Perfectoragamipage. The guy's like yeah yeah kay you have to fill out- husband hands him the B4 goods to follow and the B4 goods accompanying. Customs officer gets SUPER EXCITED. He's like 'Do you.. do you have copies for you to keep??' Husband says yes and Customs officer makes an ecstatic sound. I heard it from my seat. Customs officer asked about attached photos (husband had photos of all the guns on the goods to follow). Asked him what he does that he needs so many guns (I laughed - quietly. So Canadian.) Asked if the total we had penned in included the car, we said no, he said that was fine it didn't even have a place for the total that was just us being nice.

Female gate guard walked in and husband teased her that THIS officer had a pen.

Customs officer stamped all the papers and handed them back with a Welcome to Canada, good luck!

Didn't look in the car, compare the lists to the car, anything. Ah well. An ounce of prevention, right folks?

ConfusedCouple

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 29 2015
AOR Received.
Feb 20 2016
File Transfer...
Mar 01 2016
Thanks for sharing. So great you finally landed! Would love an update on importing the vehicle.

Best Wishes

carr1

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
Doc's Request.
16-02-16 FBI check
AOR Received.
16-09-2015
File Transfer...
27-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-05-2015
Passport Req..
2-4-16 DM
VISA ISSUED...
8-4-16 COPR Arrived
LANDED..........
10-4-16 Landed
Congrats! It was a good day for landing, as I landed as well today.

Mybarbiehead

Jun 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2015
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
File Transfer...
SA: 10-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
30-10-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 24-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 07-04-2016
Congratulations to both of you!

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
I like your writing style, ayrazar. Very entertaining landing ;D Congrats!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Congratulations! And thanks for telling us what happened - useful info for others.