6-11-2015
AOR Received.
29-4-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
LANDED..........
6-7-2016
Decoy24601 said:
I know the feeling. My application took just over 2 months total and I landed on Wednesday. It makes me feel guilty knowing that I was already here with my husband as a visitor in Canada and my application went through so fast, when there are people who can't visit their spouses who have to wait 6+ months.

But, we should still enjoy our new PR status ;D.
Yes, we definitely should :)

MexiJen

Mar 26, 2015
Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa and Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App. Filed 24/10/2016, CIC Received 26/10/2016
Doc's Request.
03/03/2016
File Transfer...
SA by E-Mail 08/01/2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04/05/2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
10/05/2016
Decoy24601 said:
I know the feeling. My application took just over 2 months total and I landed on Wednesday. It makes me feel guilty knowing that I was already here with my husband as a visitor in Canada and my application went through so fast, when there are people who can't visit their spouses who have to wait 6+ months.

But, we should still enjoy our new PR status ;D.
Hi Decoy24601 it looks like from your picture you were an american coming into Canada. Did you just have a paper (Confirmation of PR) that said to come to any border or international airport? Some people say they needed appointments etc and we can't find anything like this. Also did you bring your personal belongings at the time of landing? Thanks for any help. We are in a sticky situation because we have a trip from Seattle planned for September so if my common law spouse checks in, in August than can we leave or no?

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
MexiJen said:
Hi Decoy24601 it looks like from your picture you were an american coming into Canada. Did you just have a paper (Confirmation of PR) that said to come to any border or international airport? Some people say they needed appointments etc and we can't find anything like this. Also did you bring your personal belongings at the time of landing? Thanks for any help. We are in a sticky situation because we have a trip from Seattle planned for September so if my common law spouse checks in, in August than can we leave or no?
You won't need a landing appointment. Landing appointments are only required for inland applications, although they are available for outland applications now, they're only available for applicants who are in Canada already.

The letter with my COPR gave me instructions on if I lived outside of Canada and if I lived inside of Canada. It only gave the option of going to the border for if I lived outside of Canada, but gave both options if I lived inside of Canada (which I was). I heard getting a landing appointment can take a long time, so I chose to flagpole instead at the border.

I did not bring my personal belongings at the time I landed, but I did have to fill out a BSF186 form for my Goods to Follow. If you receive your COPR by the time you take that trip from Seattle, she can land then without an issue.