+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa test taker Nov/Dec 2015

Fortheloveofcanada

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
Hi i took my test on the 18th of November n till now the status shows "in process" i am a bit frustrated as everyone else gets decision made.. Do u have any idea why some r like me.. Nothing special in my interview all seemed fine..
I am also not seeing anyone for 14 15 or 16 of december oath..
Did any of u receive invites? N when was ur test?
Thank u

helmy

Oct 2, 2008
Fortheloveofcanada said:
Hi i took my test on the 18th of November n till now the status shows "in process" i am a bit frustrated as everyone else gets decision made.. Do u have any idea why some r like me.. Nothing special in my interview all seemed fine..
I am also not seeing anyone for 14 15 or 16 of december oath..
Did any of u receive invites? N when was ur test?
Thank u
I noticed that DM, most probably based on which officer made the interview ,few of them well experienced and they took the decision in spot, while other need more time to review and take decision.

Nevertheless , my friend took test 26th of Aug, and get DM next day , and his oath received only yesterday, which mean 4 months wait time and he is over 65 years age.

Also some of applicants get their DM very late and oath invitation week after DM.

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
Ottawa gives more surprises / gifts this Christmas to citz applicants. Firstly, they've announced 4 days of oath - 9, 14, 15, 16... Then they open 17th (nov 6th test takers)... Now, 18th dec (nov 9th test takers)...that's totally 6 days of oath in Dec, the holiday month of the year - nearly 1 oath day every 3 working days...

Super cool...

All yours are soon going to fall in line... All the best...

helmy

Oct 2, 2008
boltz said:
Ottawa gives more surprises / gifts this Christmas to citz applicants. Firstly, they've announced 4 days of oath - 9, 14, 15, 16... Then they open 17th (nov 6th test takers)... Now, 18th dec (nov 9th test takers)...that's totally 6 days of oath in Dec, the holiday month of the year - nearly 1 oath day every 3 working days...

Super cool...

All yours are soon going to fall in line... All the best...
How did you know , that there are oath ceremony in Ottawa on 18th Dec,

By the way did you know test days in Nov ,I know 12,13,18&19 of Nov

Fortheloveofcanada

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
@boltz

Thank u for ur great reply! I am happy to hear that.. How i wish!
How did u know that they added more oath dates?
I had my test on november 18th and i am still in process till now.. So according to u, u still think i could get my oath in january?
Do u have any idea of the january oath dates??
Thank u

nncs

Mar 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Jan-2010
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2010
File Transfer...
8-Feb-2010
Interview........
10-Aug-2010
Passport Req..
16-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
Just wondering, is it somewhat normal for the Ottawa office not to update ecas to DM made after test? And just have an oath invite?

zaou

Nov 27, 2015
I had the same question, any feedback??

Is it somewhat normal for the Ottawa office not to update ECAS to DM made after test? And just have an oath invite?

any feedback??

ottawanboy

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know a candidate in the forum s/he got the DM together with the oath invitation on ecas.

ottawanboy

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
this is his/her post on the forum:

"Settlement Topics / Citizenship / Re: Feb 2015 citizenship applicants on: November 16, 2015, 10:40:36 am
Just checked our eCAS and surprised to find DM and oath invite for Nov 26 10:30 am... Happy!!
So eCAS may not update to DM right away yet you may still get the oath invite within 2 months as
told at the interview..."

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
helmy said:
How did you know , that there are oath ceremony in Ottawa on 18th Dec,

By the way did you know test days in Nov ,I know 12,13,18&19 of Nov
Nov 9th, 13th, 6th, 18th are dates I know for nov tests. Doesn't matter how I know about 18th dec, what matters is if there is one on dec 18th or not - and there is one. ;)

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
Fortheloveofcanada said:
@boltz

Thank u for ur great reply! I am happy to hear that.. How i wish!
How did u know that they added more oath dates?
I had my test on november 18th and i am still in process till now.. So according to u, u still think i could get my oath in january?
Do u have any idea of the january oath dates??
Thank u
Yes, you should expect in jan... This is how I see - roughly 1 day of tests (3) are covered with 1 day of oaths (3). With nov 9th cleared, there might be about 3 more days of tests in nov. each month ottawa is conducting ~3 days of oaths ( dec, surprisingly 6 days of oaths), so - jan is v high probability for you...

I don't know of jan dates - they are not yet decided / published yet...

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
nncs said:
Just wondering, is it somewhat normal for the Ottawa office not to update ecas to DM made after test? And just have an oath invite?
It is possible - the online updates are not consistent - sometimes v late, sometimes never...

Mostly it will be updated DM in advance - though for some in just 2 days... Some in a week, and some in a long time