+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OTTAWA OFFICE 2016 - any other visa-exempt outland applicants?

BCgirl_inNL

Star Member
Aug 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna -> changed to Ottawa!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2016
AOR Received.
23-09-2016
File Transfer...
03-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-06-2016
Hi all,
Our application was sent to Ottawa (instead of Vienna) for processing. Hopefully this means a faster processing time! I've read that they are sending the "simple/straight-forward" cases to Ottawa to help with the backlog at other VO's... but does that also mean our case will be processed more quickly?

Anyone else out there whose application has been sent to Ottawa instead of their expected VO?
It would be nice to be able to compare time lines so we know what to expect :)

BCgirl_inNL

Star Member
Aug 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2016
AOR Received.
23-09-2016
File Transfer...
03-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-06-2016
Am I really the only one...? ??? ::)

GG and B

Star Member
Mar 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2016
AOR Received.
10-06-2016
File Transfer...
27-07-2016
Med's Done....
21-03-2016
Passport Req..
09-11-2016 COPR
LANDED..........
15-03-2017
Consider yourself extremely lucky. And no, you're definitely not the only one.

I was hoping for Ottawa since I think our application is very straightforward, but instead I got Vienna - the possibly most quiet VO's of all.

minicamp

Sep 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-16
AOR Received.
24-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Ours was also sent to Ottawa. There are a few of us on that August spreadsheet. Still waiting for AOR2 here.

Everything went pretty fast up until them sending it to Ottawa, looks like some people have heard back though. I'm hoping they'll just finally respond with a whole bunch of stuff done.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
minicamp said:
Still waiting for AOR2 here.
I'm hoping they'll just finally respond with a whole bunch of stuff done.
ottawa typically does not send an AOR2, so there's no point in waiting around for one. (unless they have recently decided to send one, which i don't think they have...)

for the most part, applicants don't hear a peep from cic unless there is a specific document request or passport request. for visa exempt applicants, it's quite normal to not have any sort of communication until getting the COPR, as PPR can be waived.

minicamp

Sep 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-16
AOR Received.
24-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
CDNPR2014 said:
ottawa typically does not send an AOR2, so there's no point in waiting around for one. (unless they have recently decided to send one, which i don't think they have...)

for the most part, applicants don't hear a peep from cic unless there is a specific document request or passport request. for visa exempt applicants, it's quite normal to not have any sort of communication until getting the COPR, as PPR can be waived.
All that sounds fine to me, I did notice someone with a similar situation and timeline got an AOR2 from Ottawa. Not too worried, felt like everything was in order, all fees paid, etc. Just playing the waiting game.

Thanks for the info though.

BCgirl_inNL

Star Member
Aug 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2016
AOR Received.
23-09-2016
File Transfer...
03-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-06-2016
GG and B said:
Consider yourself extremely lucky. And no, you're definitely not the only one.

I was hoping for Ottawa since I think our application is very straightforward, but instead I got Vienna - the possibly most quiet VO's of all.
Hi GG and B,
Yes, we were really happy that ours was sent to Ottawa! I was dreading that it would be sent to Vienna since, like you say, it seems like a black hole for applications. I wish you a lot of luck!!
I really wonder what their criteria is. I see that there are a number of applicants from Germany and the Netherlands whose applications are going through Vienna. Just random selection? Or perhaps there's a specific criteria.

likeursula

Apr 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
23-08-2016
File Transfer...
30-08-2016 (SA)
BCgirl_inNL said:
Hi all,
Our application was sent to Ottawa (instead of Vienna) for processing. Hopefully this means a faster processing time! I've read that they are sending the "simple/straight-forward" cases to Ottawa to help with the backlog at other VO's... but does that also mean our case will be processed more quickly?

Anyone else out there whose application has been sent to Ottawa instead of their expected VO?
It would be nice to be able to compare time lines so we know what to expect :)
Hi BCgirl,

Another NL app. that got Ottawa here! July applicants. Dutch Police clearance already requested and en route to Ottawa. Fingers crossed :)

GG and B

Star Member
Mar 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2016
AOR Received.
10-06-2016
File Transfer...
27-07-2016
Med's Done....
21-03-2016
Passport Req..
09-11-2016 COPR
LANDED..........
15-03-2017
BCgirl_inNL said:
Hi GG and B,
Yes, we were really happy that ours was sent to Ottawa! I was dreading that it would be sent to Vienna since, like you say, it seems like a black hole for applications. I wish you a lot of luck!!
I really wonder what their criteria is. I see that there are a number of applicants from Germany and the Netherlands whose applications are going through Vienna. Just random selection? Or perhaps there's a specific criteria.
Might be random just in accordance to the current work load. But my wife and I have been speculating that it might be a red flag that we're a same sex couple and Germany and Austria are not exactly role models for equality. So now we're anxious to get a visa officer that's not fond of gay couples.
Basically our frustrations are speaking here, cause Canada has equal rights and all visa offices should act upon that. But who knows.

BCgirl_inNL

Star Member
Aug 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2016
AOR Received.
23-09-2016
File Transfer...
03-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-06-2016
likeursula said:
Hi BCgirl,

Another NL app. that got Ottawa here! July applicants. Dutch Police clearance already requested and en route to Ottawa. Fingers crossed :)
Wow, that's fast! Hopefully ours goes that fast too :D

Puffball

Star Member
Jun 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2016
GG and B said:
Might be random just in accordance to the current work load. But my wife and I have been speculating that it might be a red flag that we're a same sex couple and Germany and Austria are not exactly role models for equality. So now we're anxious to get a visa officer that's not fond of gay couples.
Basically our frustrations are speaking here, cause Canada has equal rights and all visa offices should act upon that. But who knows.
I cant believe this would be a red flag at all! It is just a Vienna VO working slow...maybe indeed due to the work load, as they process so many applications from a number of EU countries. Hopefully we will hear good news soon. :)

BCgirl_inNL

Star Member
Aug 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2016
AOR Received.
23-09-2016
File Transfer...
03-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-06-2016
GG and B said:
Well it doesn't seem like they could doubt the authenticity of your relationship. I would hope that officers are hired who hold the values of Canada and not whatever country they work in. Also, it was CPC Mississauga which decides where to send the application so the backwards culture in Germany or Austria shouldn't play a role ;D
Hopefully it doesn't take too much longer for you both. It's so stressful having no idea how long the process will take!

GG and B

Star Member
Mar 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2016
AOR Received.
10-06-2016
File Transfer...
27-07-2016
Med's Done....
21-03-2016
Passport Req..
09-11-2016 COPR
LANDED..........
15-03-2017
BCgirl_inNL said:
Well it doesn't seem like they could doubt the authenticity of your relationship. I would hope that officers are hired who hold the values of Canada and not whatever country they work in. Also, it was CPC Mississauga which decides where to send the application so the backwards culture in Germany or Austria shouldn't play a role ;D
Hopefully it doesn't take too much longer for you both. It's so stressful having no idea how long the process will take!
We have proof of relationship for the last 10 years, so I do not see how anyone would think we're faking a 10 year relationship. That would be way too much effort anyways lol

I like that you call Germany backwards culture ;D so true!

BCgirl_inNL

Star Member
Aug 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2016
AOR Received.
23-09-2016
File Transfer...
03-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-06-2016
GG and B said:
We have proof of relationship for the last 10 years, so I do not see how anyone would think we're faking a 10 year relationship. That would be way too much effort anyways lol

I like that you call Germany backwards culture ;D so true!
Ha-ha, not meant in a serious way though... ;D I don't want to offend anyone ;)

chiiii

Sep 9, 2016
Me! i am an Austrian citizen and my application was forwarded to CPC Ottawa
june applicant - COPR recvd around total 4 months till aproval