+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa aims to convert 90,000 temporary workers and graduated students into permanent residents

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Still, I'd like to know whether they're going to be linked to Express Entry or not and of course, processing times.

It's a very exciting time to be a temporary resident in Canada.
Yes what people felt like was a disadvantage due to covid just became an advantage. Assume there will be higher demand than spots.

JohnWick07

Star Member
Feb 22, 2020
-> for diploma, must be at least 8 months in duration and the combined length of the credential(s) must be equivalent to a two-year credential (at least 16 months in duration).

does that mean people who did 8 month diploma are not eligible??

Elisson7

Feb 25, 2021
HI, I need help to confirm that I am not eligible for this program.
I finished my postgraduation last year(one year program) in IT area. And I am currently working. However, what I understood is in my case or I must had a 2year program or have graduate on the NOCs specified on the list at the cic website.

Is that right?

And why government never includes on those new programs people who studied for 1year ? :(

JohnWick07

Star Member
Feb 22, 2020
-> for diploma, must be at least 8 months in duration and the combined length of the credential(s) must be equivalent to a two-year credential (at least 16 months in duration).

does that mean people who did 8 month diploma are not eligible??
Anyone??

Justmeee

Star Member
Mar 4, 2021
Do you need the degree completion certificate or can you apply if you have like a Unofficial transcript of completion while waiting for your official degree? Most recent graduates for this term will get their final degrees by mid May/ June. But their unofficial transcripts will show their degree completion by early May. Can this be used.

Another question : Do you all anticipate the 40,000 graduate student slots to be taken immediately when the portal opens ? Or is there a chance the numbers will be carried forward from May over next few months to fill the 40,000 slots ??

RizaBree

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
;)I hope they come up with other details soon....for the new policies. Let us hope for the best :) I for one is excited for this. I have not worked for like 6 to 8 months bcoz of Covid. I finished my PDD around August 2019 and PGWP is until Dec 2022. Good times ahead!