+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Osteoarthritis - Medical Inadmissibility ?

andren

Apr 25, 2018
Hi All,

I have a serious question and could really help with some advice...

I had a lower back injury about 17 years ago, I had back surgery that was successful. I live a normal live with the odd visit to the doctor if I need pain medication. I recently went to a doctor to see if we can get rid off my pain completely. After a scan it was revealed that I had developed Osteoarthritis in the lower back joints from my old injury. This causes some discomfort and sometimes pain (I don't really take any medication).

I got a job offer and applied to the OINP, I have reason to believe that my condition might be a problem as medical inadmissibility ? I get lots and lots of articles online for Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) but nothing for Osteoarthritis...

I have no other means to get into Canada and this is my only last shot! I am considering NOT mentioning this in my medicals but don't want to get into trouble.

Can anyone please help with advice and tell me if this would be a problem? I know what was stated as excessive demand and transferrable diseases....but I need a more comprehensive answer?

Thanking you all in advance !

Reactions: megoman

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Lying in a medical is misrepresentation don’t do it. OA is the common aches and pains that usually come with age. I am not sure how old you are or how bad your scans were but in general it is not considered a big deal. If you are able to work full time it shouldn’t be an issue. I would be speaking to your doctor about how bad the OA is because if it is that serious at your age it will be much worse as time goes on.

Aung Thiha

Apr 4, 2024
Hi All,

I have a serious question and could really help with some advice...

I had a lower back injury about 17 years ago, I had back surgery that was successful. I live a normal live with the odd visit to the doctor if I need pain medication. I recently went to a doctor to see if we can get rid off my pain completely. After a scan it was revealed that I had developed Osteoarthritis in the lower back joints from my old injury. This causes some discomfort and sometimes pain (I don't really take any medication).

I got a job offer and applied to the OINP, I have reason to believe that my condition might be a problem as medical inadmissibility ? I get lots and lots of articles online for Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) but nothing for Osteoarthritis...

I have no other means to get into Canada and this is my only last shot! I am considering NOT mentioning this in my medicals but don't want to get into trouble.

Can anyone please help with advice and tell me if this would be a problem? I know what was stated as excessive demand and transferrable diseases....but I need a more comprehensive answer?

Thanking you all in advance !
Hi Andren, did you eventually get your PR?
We're kind of in the same situation you were in. Your information should really help us.