+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OSAP application

Casey Philip

Feb 19, 2018
Hi

I have applied for my PR and awaiting PPR. I am in NA2 stage.
I plan on taking loan via OSAP for studying in Canada.
Let us say I receive my COPR in May, land in June and my college starts in August, Can I apply for my OSAP as soon as I land? Or is there any prerequisite?? or must I stay for 3 months before I can apply? or must I receive the PR card and only then apply?

Regards

Casey

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
Just a suggestion, I think this post might be more relevant I'm another section of the forum. Though will leave that to the admins.

I think OSAP had a condition that you need to be an Ontario resident for 12 months without being enrolled in an educational course. That is what I think I read most recently, though would appreciate any other members posting their experience.

nidhishmk

Sep 4, 2020
Hi

I have applied for my PR and awaiting PPR. I am in NA2 stage.
I plan on taking loan via OSAP for studying in Canada.
Let us say I receive my COPR in May, land in June and my college starts in August, Can I apply for my OSAP as soon as I land? Or is there any prerequisite?? or must I stay for 3 months before I can apply? or must I receive the PR card and only then apply?

Regards

Casey
I am also thinking of the same.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Source: https://www.ontario.ca/page/learn-about-osap

Who can get OSAP
OSAP is open to Ontario residents of any age who are:

Who is not eligible
You may not be eligible for OSAP if you:

• don’t meet the academic progress requirements
  • have enough financial resources, including other forms of government aid, to cover your expenses allowed by OSAP
  • report income on your OSAP application that’s significantly different from what you reported to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
  • have defaulted on a student loan
  • have grant or bursary overpayments or multiple outstanding loan overpayments
  • failed a credit check
  • declared bankruptcy or consumer proposal, or consolidation orders
  • have reached your lifetime limit of student loan funding (340 weeks of funding, 400 weeks of funding for doctoral studies, 520 weeks of funding for students with disabilities)
  • are an international student