+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Original vs Certified copy

Benjh18

Oct 6, 2021
Hello all,
I apologize for starting a new thread for such a simple question but I couldn't find the answer searching.
For my CSQ application, I need to submit a certified copy of my American diploma but I live in Paris and the only place to do that is the US consulate.
There are no appointment available for months and I will miss the deadline.

Do you know if it's ok to submit the original? I'm guessing it is but would like to double check.
If I do, is there a way to have it returned to me?

Thank you so much!

PS: extra question if you have the answer, what's the processing time for Federal once I get my CSQ? French citizen living in Paris.

Snögubbe

Oct 11, 2021
Germany
Category........
Other
NOC Code......
Hello all,
I apologize for starting a new thread for such a simple question but I couldn't find the answer searching.
For my CSQ application, I need to submit a certified copy of my American diploma but I live in Paris and the only place to do that is the US consulate.
There are no appointment available for months and I will miss the deadline.

Do you know if it's ok to submit the original? I'm guessing it is but would like to double check.
If I do, is there a way to have it returned to me?

Thank you so much!

PS: extra question if you have the answer, what's the processing time for Federal once I get my CSQ? French citizen living in Paris.
Hello Benjh18,
It is never a good idea to send your original documents. There is no guarantee you will get them back!
Maybe you can contact other US-embassies in Europe? Some of them offer online notaries.

Take care