+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Original trv is now on a damaged passport. I'd like to renew my trv with the new passport. Please advise

SasaBasi

Star Member
Apr 12, 2023
I'm in Canada on a study permit. Unfortunately some time early this year, I damaged my passport just before applying for a study permit+ trv extension. I went ahead and applied for study permit extension only, As I awaited for my new passport to be delivered.

I now have the extended study permit (to 2025) which the passport number reads the old damaged passport. I want to renew my trv since I intend to visit home soon. How do I go about it?

Do I scan both passports and give an SOP explanation as to why I have a different passport? When asked for passport request, do I mail the old and the new one together as proof?

Thanks in advance.

rizygAsc

Apr 26, 2024
You should not worry as your TRV will be pasted on new passport if you request it. Usually in case of expired passport, visa stays on it and fresh passport is attached to the expired passport.

SasaBasi

Star Member
Apr 12, 2023
You should not worry as your TRV will be pasted on new passport if you request it. Usually in case of expired passport, visa stays on it and fresh passport is attached to the expired passport.
So during ppr should I submit both passports to prove that there's the damaged one