+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Original Police Certificate & Proof of Filing Taxes for Canadian Citizenship

augustus90

Mar 23, 2024
I am applying for my Canadian citizenship in the next few days (single male). Will be logging an online app

I spent more than 180 days in Pakistan over the last 4 years, and need to submit an "original police certificate" from there. I have the original police certificate but it's in a hard copy format, in which I'd received it.

For my online app, I have no other choice other than to upload an electronic / scanned color copy version of the police certificate. Can this cause any issues? I really dont want to apply the paper route just because of this police certificate

Secondly, for proof that you've filed taxes at least for the last three years, I have "notice of assessments" from H&R block. Do I need to submit these "notice of assessments" or will the processing authority check my tax records/filings itself?

Thank you in advance

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
I am applying for my Canadian citizenship in the next few days (single male). Will be logging an online app

I spent more than 180 days in Pakistan over the last 4 years, and need to submit an "original police certificate" from there. I have the original police certificate but it's in a hard copy format, in which I'd received it.

For my online app, I have no other choice other than to upload an electronic / scanned color copy version of the police certificate. Can this cause any issues? I really dont want to apply the paper route just because of this police certificate

Secondly, for proof that you've filed taxes at least for the last three years, I have "notice of assessments" from H&R block. Do I need to submit these "notice of assessments" or will the processing authority check my tax records/filings itself?

Thank you in advance
no to your second question. the online apps makes it wayyyy less complication you will simply give them consent to share and receive information from CRA. and yes to the 3 years or more than you filed taxes for.

the first question you can scan it and upload it in the additional documents section. i believe not to sure.