+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Original Passport with Application

scorpion181181

Star Member
Jun 17, 2013
HI,
I got a positive LMO and my future canadian employer wants me to apply for WP in NY office.
I am in USA on WORKPERMIT and very much worried for submitting original passports with application.

can anyone guide me please ? Is it must to submit original passports with application ? :( :'(
Is there any other way I can do ?

sklin

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
scorpion181181 said:
HI,
I got a positive LMO and my future canadian employer wants me to apply for WP in NY office.
I am in USA on WORKPERMIT and very much worried for submitting original passports with application.

can anyone guide me please ? Is it must to submit original passports with application ? :( :'(
Is there any other way I can do ?

After you submit your application, once your case is approved the VO will request your original passport for visa stamp.

scorpion181181

Star Member
Jun 17, 2013
Thank you very much for the reply,

My consultant told me, you muct submit original passport with all documents at NY office.
But I searched on forums and came to know ( I think ) , if we apply online then only we do not need to submit original passport.

Is this true ?
or in both cases we need to submit passport when asked for it ?

I am still confused , Please help me.

Thanks a lot,

sklin

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
scorpion181181 said:
Thank you very much for the reply,

My consultant told me, you muct submit original passport with all documents at NY office.
But I searched on forums and came to know ( I think ) , if we apply online then only we do not need to submit original passport.

Is this true ?
or in both cases we need to submit passport when asked for it ?

I am still confused , Please help me.

Thanks a lot,
Some people will submit passport along with application paper. This way will save time because the VO don't need to wait for the passport.