+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Original Passport Request" received without AIP or Biometrics Submission

CommentDebate

Jul 12, 2020
Yes I think. That's why I found this surprising.

Maybe they accidentally sent this instead of AIP? I can't understand what's going on lol
I saw many other cases like this. Can they access our biometric details from our passport? Since during passport we already would have given biometrics.

computerscience23

Jul 4, 2020
My guess is that they might have collected biometrics from other sources such as if a person has ever crossed US-Canada border, etc. Or they might take your biometrics at Canadian Post of Entry.

forestalt

Star Member
Aug 5, 2020
My guess is that they might have collected biometrics from other sources such as if a person has ever crossed US-Canada border, etc. Or they might take your biometrics at Canadian Post of Entry.
He has never even been out of the country. Neither did he ever apply for any kind of a visa or study permit before.

computerscience23

Jul 4, 2020
He has never even been out of the country. Neither did he ever apply for any kind of a visa or study permit before.
Then it looks like they will take our biometrics at Canadian Post of Entry. Also, I wanted to say the processing time for your friend's visa was really fast. Your friend applied on June 23rd and got final approval on August 31st. Lucky person!