+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Original Passport or Photocopies for applying for travel documents. (URGENT)

Riasat94

Feb 16, 2013
Hello,

Do I need to provide my original passport with my Travel Document application, or will photocopies suffice??
I have applied for Travel Documents as my PR card has expired (under H&C grounds). I am from Bangladesh and the Canadian embassy has been removed from here. My application will me mailed to the Singapore Visa office. I cannot send my original passport because I need to apply for another visa just in case my application is rejected and, there is no telling when I will get my passport back. WHAT DO I DO? :-\

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need to provide your original passport.

I guess you will have to chose between applying for the travel document and the other visa.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Riasat94 said:
Hello,

Do I need to provide my original passport with my Travel Document application, or will photocopies suffice??
I have applied for Travel Documents as my PR card has expired (under H&C grounds). I am from Bangladesh and the Canadian embassy has been removed from here. My application will me mailed to the Singapore Visa office. I cannot send my original passport because I need to apply for another visa just in case my application is rejected and, there is no telling when I will get my passport back. WHAT DO I DO? :-\
1. You can submit copies of the passport bio data page and all pages with visas/ stamps. I suggest copy and submit all pages of all passports for the 5 year period from landing date so that its clear you have nothing to hide.

2. You will have to mail/ courier the passport to Singapore at some point in time for the PRTD to be affixed. You need to arrange to courier the ppt back to Bangladesh.

3. There are a couple of Visa Application Centres (VACs) in Bangladesh that deal with applications as per link below.

http://www.vfs-canada.com.bd/wheretoapply.aspx

4. It may be cheaper to apply for the other visa first so you are not sending docs to Singapore twice.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Riasat94 said:
Any idea how long a case like mine needs to process??
If you made an effort to read the VFS link above it shows 14 days plus transit (mailing) time.

sweetFF

Apr 1, 2013
Question for PRTD
I need to go to US in June for 5 days.
I checked the Canada visa website shows min 30days for applying PRTD.
Is it possible that I can apply now when I am in Canada . They accept mail
can I ask them to mail back to Canada before I leave.