+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

original identity and travel documents required??

Qifulife

Oct 29, 2015
sorry for such a simple and probably locatable question, but I have looked and still have not found clear answers!
I know that any of you will be able to answer this super clearly though:
Are ORIGINAL identity and travel documents required from the sponsored spouse (identity card and passport) for the original submission for spousal sponsorship??
It would cause her HUGE problems to try to live without those documents for even a few months!
I read that it is according to the immigrant guide (which is very good, but I didn't see the answer there for this).
I guess I am missing this basic obvious answer.
Please help yet again! ;D ;D :eek:

BethanyM

May 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2016
Doc's Request.
30-09-2016
AOR Received.
03-06-2016
IELTS Request
SA 19-07-2016
File Transfer...
22-07-2016
Med's Request
Med Status: Passed
Med's Done....
April 2016
Interview........
26-09-2016
Passport Req..
WAITING SOON PLEASE
VISA ISSUED...
SOON I HOPE
LANDED..........
ASAP
Qifulife said:
sorry for such a simple and probably locatable question, but I have looked and still have not found clear answers!
I know that any of you will be able to answer this super clearly though:
Are ORIGINAL identity and travel documents required from the sponsored spouse (identity card and passport) for the original submission for spousal sponsorship??
It would cause her HUGE problems to try to live without those documents for even a few months!
I read that it is according to the immigrant guide (which is very good, but I didn't see the answer there for this).
I guess I am missing this basic obvious answer.
Please help yet again! ;D ;D :eek:
Refer to the DOCUMENT CHECKLIST for your appropriate application package.

I will link a document checklist here BUT this may not be the same as the correct Document Checklist
for your application because yours might be Inland, or it might be from a country or region which has
country specific guidelines which include your specific checklist.

So it's crucial to ensure you are working from the correct document as a starter.

The Document checklist I'm linking for example, indicated to send the Original forms (original signature, not copy)
Other documents require some to be original and others to be a photocopy http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM0008ENU_2D.pdf

The Document Checklist says repeatedly REFER TOTHE IMMIGRANTS GUIDE

So find the guide on the website, and be certain

The passport is a Photocopy

National identity card, the Police Certifcate and several other documents on the other hand are ORIGINALS

Check carefully and you will find the appropriate direction.

Qifulife

Oct 29, 2015
Ok, I know what you mean and will go check there asap.
But it is Outland and China...
I can't imagine her having to surrender her identity card for a year and a half, but maybe its a copy too! I'll go check now,
Thanks!

Qifulife

Oct 29, 2015
ok, thanks so much, I know now its the "country specific" guide to follow, and not the general checklist.
That is a lot better. Sorry to be "that guy" asking searchable questions and all....
Thanks for not flaming me!