+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Original Entry Date error on CoPR

ea-kang

Jan 24, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hi all,

I just completed my landing in the Etobicoke CIC office yesterday. The officer I was working with was rather impatient and short with me and I'm a little concerned about the error on my CoPR.

Basically, the very first time I entered Canada with my international student visa was in September of 2003 (I came very young lol). In my CoPR however, my Original Date of Entry is written as "January 2015" since that was the first date of entry in my current passport. My old passport that I had used when I was young have long expired and voided, so when CIC asked me to provide scans of my stamped passport pages for "Ready for Visa" stage, I provided scans of my current passport. I imagine this is where the discrepancy occurred.

When I asked the officer about it, she expressed her annoyance, and told me that it doesn't matter and that I should just "pick a date". So I left it as it is, and my lading was complete. She told me my PR card will arrive in the mail in the next 10 or so weeks.

My question is this: Will this have any impact / issues with my status in Canada down the road? I know there is a way to amend it, but I just don't want it to cause any issues by any chance (although I kind of doubt why it should). In any case, I was thinking maybe it would best for me to wait until my PR card arrives and then look for ways to amend it. I realize there are other threads similar to this, but some answers vary and I would really appreciate some advise / shared experience / words of assurance / whatever... Thanks!