+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Original document or cetified copy? Post ITA

_Leandro_

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
CIC says "If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with:

the English or French translation; and
an affidavit from the person who completed the translations; and
a certified photocopy of the original document."

I was thinking of uploading the original document and the translation, but this last item says they want the certified copy and the translation. Is that correct? It doesn`t make sense to me that they prefer a certified copy over the original document.
Which version should I upload?

Thanks

josejaram

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
_Leandro_ said:
CIC says "If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with:

I was thinking of uploading the original document and the translation, but this last item says they want the certified copy and the translation. Is that correct? It doesn`t make sense to me that they prefer a certified copy over the original document.

Thanks
[/quote

Hey Leandro, which country are your documents from?

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
_Leandro_ said:

Thanks
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/certified-copies-of-originals-t469409.0.html