+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Original Bachelor's degree certificate is in two languages (Marathi + English). Translation required?

LalitBar

Sep 8, 2020
Hello all!

My original Nagpur University bachelor's degree certificate is in Marathi and English. Top half is in Marathi, bottom half in English; content is exactly the same in both halves -- they're literal translations of each other. Do I still need to get this document translated from a certified translator and notarized (as specified on this CIC page)?

Thank you.

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Hello all!

My original Nagpur University bachelor's degree certificate is in Marathi and English. Top half is in Marathi, bottom half in English; content is exactly the same in both halves -- they're literal translations of each other. Do I still need to get this document translated from a certified translator and notarized (as specified on this CIC page)?

Thank you.
not required.

Reactions: LalitBar

Himavarsha Seshadri

Mar 1, 2019
Hello all!

Thank you.

Hi,

I am in the same situation. My degree certificate has (Tamil + English). First half is in Tamil and second half in English. Should I attach Letter of explanation? Can you please tell me what you did. Kindly help me on this .

LalitBar

Sep 8, 2020
Hi,

I am in the same situation. My degree certificate has (Tamil + English). First half is in Tamil and second half in English. Should I attach Letter of explanation? Can you please tell me what you did. Kindly help me on this .
Hello Himavarsha, I just explained it in my letter of explanation. Translation wasn't necessary in my case (I confirmed it with many people, including two immigration lawyers). Just make sure what's written in Tamil is exactly what's written in English too.

Reactions: Himavarsha Seshadri

Himavarsha Seshadri

Mar 1, 2019
Hello Himavarsha, I just explained it in my letter of explanation. Translation wasn't necessary in my case (I confirmed it with many people, including two immigration lawyers). Just make sure what's written in Tamil is exactly what's written in English too.

I would be really grateful if you can send me sample of LOE attached for this scenario. Thanks in advance

LalitBar

Sep 8, 2020
I would be really grateful if you can send me sample of LOE attached for this scenario. Thanks in advance
I just mentioned that bilingual degree certificates are common with many universities in India. Also clarified that the content in Marathi and English are exactly the same.