+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Organization of Application... Tips?

diddagirl

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey everyone!
I am slowly but surely getting everything ready for the application to be sent to sponsor my common law spouse as soon as we are eligable on Sept 30.

Since there are SO many forms that we each fill out, criminal record checks/medicals, in addition to the numerous pieces of supporting documentation that we will be sending to support both our relationship and our common law status- I am looking for any advice on how to organize the application package to make it easy for both myself to keep track of and easiest for CIC to sort through.

I was thinking:
-Paper clip all of my filled our forms, with a stick note or cover page, noting "sponsors forms"
-Do the same as above for my spouse, noting "applicants forms"
-Paper clip all the supporting documentation and note/cover page "Evidence supporting relationship"
-Attach the medical and all the criminal background checks together.

I dunno if I am way off here, but just trying to be thorough and organized... any advice or tips on how other people organized and sent theirs would be great! Maybe I am looking too much into this, however I have one chance and dont want to mess it up, or miss anything.

Thanks!

dfb

Star Member
Jul 23, 2008
I used the document checklists for both the sponsor's package and the applicant's package and where there was duplication on the lists, I cross referenced to the other package. I used dividers in between packages with tabs which I labelled with the number to correspond to the document checklists and put the document checklist on top. I attached each package with a binder clip.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DO NOT STAPLE! LOL - they will just take them out. They will also throw away or recycle dividers and binders. Using envelopes, paper clips and other clips is usually the best route.

Send a cover letter and also a table of contents or index too. Make sure you make a copy of everything before you send it as well to keep for your own records. Good luck.

pred8er

Star Member
Apr 6, 2009
rjessome said:
DO NOT STAPLE! LOL - they will just take them out. They will also throw away or recycle dividers and binders. Using envelopes, paper clips and other clips is usually the best route.

Send a cover letter and also a table of contents or index too. Make sure you make a copy of everything before you send it as well to keep for your own records. Good luck.
i wish i did that .... i kinda just put everything in order and just stapled a few of the more inportant docs togethor....