+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Options to stay as a Worker

Ram_Qc

Jan 22, 2020
Hi everyone!
I am currently on a PGWP which is due to expire on June 2023. I have created an Express Entry profile but haven't received an ITA yet. In case I do not receive an ITA before my PGWP expires, what are my options to stay in Canada as a worker? P.S my employer does not support LMIA and PNP.
Much thanks in advance!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone!
I am currently on a PGWP which is due to expire on June 2023. I have created an Express Entry profile but haven't received an ITA yet. In case I do not receive an ITA before my PGWP expires, what are my options to stay in Canada as a worker? P.S my employer does not support LMIA and PNP.
Much thanks in advance!
You still have more than a year left of your work permit and have time to apply for immigration programs.

Which province are you in? Have you looked into the PNP programs for that province? Not all PNPs require employer support.

What is your score under EE?

If you don't have a PNP nomination or ITA by the time your PGWP expires next year, then you would want to find a new employer who is willing to go through the LMIA process so that you can switch to a closed work permit.

Reactions: Ram_Qc

Ram_Qc

Jan 22, 2020
You still have more than a year left of your work permit and have time to apply for immigration programs.

Which province are you in? Have you looked into the PNP programs for that province? Not all PNPs require employer support.

What is your score under EE?

If you don't have a PNP nomination or ITA by the time your PGWP expires next year, then you would want to find a new employer who is willing to go through the LMIA process so that you can switch to a closed work permit.
Thanks for replying!
I am in Ontario and yes I did look into PNP. From what I understood, it does require employer support if I have a valid job offer (I might be wrong on this).

My score is 468 under EE.

Is it possible to apply for a work permit without LMIA? Also I saw Temporary Resident Permit, can I apply for that?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for replying!
I am in Ontario and yes I did look into PNP. From what I understood, it does require employer support if I have a valid job offer (I might be wrong on this).

My score is 468 under EE.

Is it possible to apply for a work permit without LMIA? Also I saw Temporary Resident Permit, can I apply for that?
Not all Ontario streams require a job offer. I would suggest you research these programs further. What is your NOC?

It's possible to get a work permit without an LMIA but only in limited circumstances. You would need to research the exceptions to see if any of them match your situation.

No, you can't apply for a TRP. A TRP is for people who are inadmissible to Canada (typically due to a crime). So this doesn't fit your situation.

Reactions: Ram_Qc

Ram_Qc

Jan 22, 2020
Not all Ontario streams require a job offer. I would suggest you research these programs further. What is your NOC?

It's possible to get a work permit without an LMIA but only in limited circumstances. You would need to research the exceptions to see if any of them match your situation.

No, you can't apply for a TRP. A TRP is for people who are inadmissible to Canada (typically due to a crime). So this doesn't fit your situation.
My NOC is 2174.
Thank you, I'll look up as you've suggested.