+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Options to shorten the separation period from spouse

aj198

Sep 16, 2013
I have recently received my medicals and might get married in 2 months or so. I was wondering if I can put my application on hold at this stage by citing that I am about to get married soon. Should I go ahead with my medicals and then put application on hold or put application on hold before medicals. Also, how long can the hold be valid. I think the best way to reduce the separation period is to add my prospective spouse's details before I receive my PR

Can the below options work out if my PR comes by and the marriage occurs after some time

1) Get visitor visa for prospective spouse before marriage. In that case can she visit canada on a visitor visa after marriage. Also, would there be any problem if I sponsor her PR while she is in canada on a visitor visa. Would rejection of this visa affect her future PR application

2) Try her visitor visa post marriage. Since rejection chances are high, would the rejection affect her PR application

3) May be she can join some course here and apply for student visa post marriage. what are the chances of rejection in this case? And, can i sponsor her PR applicataion while she is studying

Any advise on this matter from the experts is greatly appreciated. Thanking in anticipation

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Put your application for "what" on hold, exactly? PR? So you're not a PR yet yourself? What's your fiancée's country of origin?

aj198

Sep 16, 2013
Ya I am not a PR yet. Have received request to get my medicals done.My fiance's country of origin is India. My intent is to delay getting a PR so that I can add my spouse's details. I fear that it would take longer time for my fiance to get PR (after marriage) under family class post I get my PR

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
aj198 said:
Ya I am not a PR yet. Have received request to get my medicals done.My fiance's country of origin is India. My intent is to delay getting a PR so that I can add my spouse's details. I fear that it would take longer time for my fiance to get PR (after marriage) under family class post I get my PR
I don't know the case, but if you are processing your Permanent residence status now is the time that you can add her to the application and get the status together. I don't know who is advising you, but I would highly recommend that you talk with a immigration expert, because I know that you both can be processed together. You don't need to add 2-3 years more to the separation to your fiancée (wife). The best thing to do is get married and include her in your application.

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
If you get married or become common law during your PR process, then you must inform CIC about it and add your spouse to your PR application. Failing to inform them about this can lead to misrepresentation. You also won't be able to sponsor your wife after you land, because she won't be listed in the additional family information form.

Continue with doing your medicals and everything, get married, and after the marriage inform CIC so that your wife can be added as a dependent to your application. It is important to do this before you do the landing process in Canada. If you land in Canada as single, without disclosing your marriage, you could risk your PR being revoked for misrepresentation and your wife will be forever excluded from the family class.