+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Options similar to OBWP

EconomicRefugee

Oct 8, 2018
I am currently in Canada and have a 1 year PGWP which will expire on Nov 1, 2018.

I’m currently in the pool under FSW with 454 points. only got CLB 9 it seems that the likelihood of them running another draw this month is quite slim. If I’m not invited before the 1st, what would be my options for me to remain as a worker? I know if I’d received an ITA and applied for PR before the 1st, I’d be eligible for a bridging work permit. In this case what would be the way forward?

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Hopefully you'll get your invitation this round. If not, you need to apply through an LMIA with your employer to extend your work permit, which is time consuming and I think it's a bit late for that. But do your studies on LMIA.

Your other option is to switch to visitor status so you can have a legal status while you await.

Also look into PNP programs.

Don't go out of status and don't let your permit expire if you don't have another one up your sleeves.

All the best mate,

Reactions: EconomicRefugee

EconomicRefugee

Oct 8, 2018
Hopefully you'll get your invitation this round. If not, you need to apply through an LMIA with your employer to extend your work permit, which is time consuming and I think it's a bit late for that. But do your studies on LMIA.

Your other option is to switch to visitor status so you can have a legal status while you await.

Also look into PNP programs.

Don't go out of status and don't let your permit expire if you don't have another one up your sleeves.

All the best mate,
Hi. Thank you for responding! So since there hasn’t been a draw I’m leaning towards a visitors visa. Do I need to get a letter of invitation? What’s the best way to ensure that it doesn’t get denied?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12