+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Options for PR if not enough points in EE or BCPNP

Brendon1984

Dec 3, 2018
Hey, (Incoming rant/stress)

So, I am in the initial stages of going for PR. I do not have enough points for EE according to my lawyer so I’m having to add the BCPNP with it. My Employer is willing to do this and willing to pay the fee to extend my current Work Permit. This, unfortunately can not be done till Nov as I have had to have worked at current job for 1 year to enrol in PNP. They do not want me to have to leave and has stated that they will do everything to support me in order to get Permanent Residency. I’m 35, having to complete 15 months of skilled work experience in Vancouver to go along with my 9 months in NZ in that field. I also have to get CLB 10 in either CELPIP or ILETS which is turning into a nightmare as CELPIP ratings are not consistent. (L 11, R 11, W 8, S 10) always above 10 on 3 attempts with the exception of writing (I know it deserves more, and I’m aware others have issues with that too) but that is another story. My NOC falls in the top 100 fields so I get extra points for that. I do not have any points for education. My lawyer is great but emphasises " Let’s hope the cut off score comes down" I’m like panicking..what if it doesn't?as apparently I will only scrape through at best but I will have nearly 1000 points after the PNP and EE points. My work also bumped up my pay to meet minimum market wages for that occupation. I’m starting to panic, hence the rant…y would nearly 1000 points not be enough and what other options do I have if I do not have enough points?? I can not even begin to fathom having to go back home. I dont know if I’m looking in the right stream (skilled work)but something about PNP points needing to be 95 currently… I do not have 95. I believe I have 89. I am panicking. I work in NOC 2282 as a User Support Technician.

Studying is expensive as all hell for international students of course and even if I did study, how on earth are you meant to survive if you work part time besides that.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey, (Incoming rant/stress)

So, I am in the initial stages of going for PR. I do not have enough points for EE according to my lawyer so I’m having to add the BCPNP with it. My Employer is willing to do this and willing to pay the fee to extend my current Work Permit. This, unfortunately can not be done till Nov as I have had to have worked at current job for 1 year to enrol in PNP. They do not want me to have to leave and has stated that they will do everything to support me in order to get Permanent Residency. I’m 35, having to complete 15 months of skilled work experience in Vancouver to go along with my 9 months in NZ in that field. I also have to get CLB 10 in either CELPIP or ILETS which is turning into a nightmare as CELPIP ratings are not consistent. (L 11, R 11, W 8, S 10) always above 10 on 3 attempts with the exception of writing (I know it deserves more, and I’m aware others have issues with that too) but that is another story. My NOC falls in the top 100 fields so I get extra points for that. I do not have any points for education. My lawyer is great but emphasises " Let’s hope the cut off score comes down" I’m like panicking..what if it doesn't?as apparently I will only scrape through at best but I will have nearly 1000 points after the PNP and EE points. My work also bumped up my pay to meet minimum market wages for that occupation. I’m starting to panic, hence the rant…y would nearly 1000 points not be enough and what other options do I have if I do not have enough points?? I can not even begin to fathom having to go back home. I dont know if I’m looking in the right stream (skilled work)but something about PNP points needing to be 95 currently… I do not have 95. I believe I have 89. I am panicking. I work in NOC 2282 as a User Support Technician.

Studying is expensive as all hell for international students of course and even if I did study, how on earth are you meant to survive if you work part time besides that.
How many points do you have under the Express Entry / CRS points system?

What kind of work permit are you on now and how much longer is it valid?

To extend your work permit, your employers will need to obtain an LMIA. This is a 4-6 month process with no guarantee of approval. Note that your wage will have to be at the median level for your professionl (minimum is too low).

Brendon1984

Dec 3, 2018

To extend your work permit, your employers will need to obtain an LMIA. This is a 4-6 month process with no guarantee of approval. Note that your wage will have to be at the median level for your professionl (minimum is too low).

My current WP runs out Jan 31 2020 and is an IEC WP that was valid for 2 years to work in CAN. My Consultant has said that I need to extend that as I'm fighting time. I can not enrol into BCPNP yet as I have to have worked at current role (NOC 2282) for at least 1 year (Nov18-Nov 19) because I only worked 9 months in that NOC back home, I'm having to work 15 months here in it to make up the 2 years skilled work experience. (15 months here, 9 back home) I cant recall exactly how many points for EE I have but it's nowhere near the cutoff (think late 300's I have) lately hence needing the BCPNP. The issue with this now is that the cutoff has been 90/95 of late and I have 88/89. There is no way I can increase my wages, I just had that adjusted to match the level for that occupation. My field is also in that Tech Pilot 29 occupations..not sure how that works out though

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My current WP runs out Jan 31 2020 and is an IEC WP that was valid for 2 years to work in CAN. My Consultant has said that I need to extend that as I'm fighting time. I can not enrol into BCPNP yet as I have to have worked at current role (NOC 2282) for at least 1 year (Nov18-Nov 19) because I only worked 9 months in that NOC back home, I'm having to work 15 months here in it to make up the 2 years skilled work experience. (15 months here, 9 back home) I cant recall exactly how many points for EE I have but it's nowhere near the cutoff (think late 300's I have) lately hence needing the BCPNP. The issue with this now is that the cutoff has been 90/95 of late and I have 88/89. There is no way I can increase my wages, I just had that adjusted to match the level for that occupation. My field is also in that Tech Pilot 29 occupations..not sure how that works out though
You cannot extend an IEC. You would need to apply for a new work permit - a closed work permit to be exact (you would only qualify for an open work permit if you already had the provincial nomination approved). To qualify for a closed work permit, your employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA. As far as I know, LMIA won't be approved if your wage is at the minimum level for your occupation and province. Your wage needs to meet the median pay level.

I don't know how the BC Tech immigration program work. But presumably your immigration lawyer must.