+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

options ~after~ 90days

bsin

Jul 21, 2019
Says "...your study permit will automatically become invalid 90 days after you complete your study program...regardless of expiry date indicated on your study permit..."

how can student correct this with the new rule that came in effect i think Feb.2019 about "actively pursuing studies"IF student withdrew in January 2019.

but also says must leave canada 2020/08/31?

bsin

Jul 21, 2019
my question is that student withdrew in January 2019 so its past 90days. does student have any options of staying if they are not enrolled in school. permit is still valid until august 2020..thank you

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
my question is that student withdrew in January 2019 so its past 90days. does student have any options of staying if they are not enrolled in school. permit is still valid until august 2020..thank you
The study permit became invalid 90 days after you withdrew from school. At that time, you went out of status.

You then had 90 days to file an application for restoration and try to convert to visitor status/get a new study permit.

Since you didn't do that, you are now out of status in Canada, and you have no options left in terms of restoring status. You will have to leave Canada or eventually get deported.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
so a total of 180days?
Your were in valid status for 90 days after withdrawing.

Then, you lost status, but you still had 90 days to attempt to get back into status - this is not guaranteed, but it's a last chance given to people who are out of status.

If you did neither, you remain out of status from ~March, and you've now been living without legal status in Canada for ~4 months.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Do you know if this will be on record when exiting canada?
99% yes. You will have to fly out of Canada, so there will be a record of you leaving. Airlines are beginning to share manifests with CBSA and CBSA is becoming far more vigilant about keeping exit records.

Even on the 1% chance that you can leave without them knowing - it will be obvious from your passport as well.

You'll have an entry stamp to Canada on a certain date, and a entry stamp to your home country/another country on a date. Along with that, IRCC will know exactly when your study permit expired. Put that all together, and it's easy to see that you overstayed.

You must declare this over stay in any future visa applications or there is a chance of getting banned from the country. Canada shares information with most developed countries.

bsin

Jul 21, 2019
Student "MUST" leave anyway so student has nothing to loose by trying..so if student tries one time by writing a letter with reason why "out of status." would agent consider and give student a chance?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Student "MUST" leave anyway so student has nothing to loose by trying..so if student tries one time by writing a letter with reason why "out of status." would agent consider and give student a chance?
The "agent" will follow the regulations. They are bureaucrats.

ankush0177

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Jammu
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
seems like people here have enough knowledge to answer my query.
I was granted a study permit +TRV valid till Sept2020. But I had to return back just after landing in December 2018 due to some reasons. Now I'm planning back to come in Sept 2019. I have my CAQ,GIC,Fee Receipt. I want to know if I'd need to apply for a new study permit.I know he 90 days rule but as I didn't overstay in Canada,I think I won't need a new one and to clarify this I called IRCC and they said that I can travel with the existing SP and TRV. any thoughts on this?