+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Option C Print Out

babymistycat

Star Member
May 22, 2016
I heard from a friend that sponsor required to submit Option C print out from CRA. I look through sponsor checklist but cannot find this Option C. Does anyone knows what it stand for? Is it mandatory to send?

Also, if sponsor make not alot, what other "proof" we need to produce beside showing them sponspr tax return, bank state and a letter from him... do we require to get a letter from his parent that they will offer financial support if require? Hmmm.. not that we need and not sure is that necessary?

Any help is appreciated

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
They used to want the Option C, but now they will accept your notice of assessment. The Option C is like the notice of assessment, and you can get it from the CRA.
You do not need a letter from parents offering support, but it won't hurt.

AladdinsGirl

Dec 3, 2014
Cairo, Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2016
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
babymistycat said:
I heard from a friend that sponsor required to submit Option C print out from CRA. I look through sponsor checklist but cannot find this Option C. Does anyone knows what it stand for? Is it mandatory to send?

Also, if sponsor make not alot, what other "proof" we need to produce beside showing them sponspr tax return, bank state and a letter from him... do we require to get a letter from his parent that they will offer financial support if require? Hmmm.. not that we need and not sure is that necessary?

Any help is appreciated
The Option C I was able to print out myself, once I got access to My Account on the CRA website. And as the previous poster mentioned, it's exactly like a NOA (Notice of Assessment) except you are able to print it yourself.

Since there is no income requirement for the sponsor (for spouse), you just have to prove how you will support yourselves, when you move back how are you going to pay for things so you don't have to go on welfare. For example I got a letter from my parents (relatives, etc) saying that we can stay with them until we are able to find jobs, if you have any savings (non registered or registered). If you have family that can offer financial assistance that would be a great help for sure.

Good Luck!!

babymistycat

Star Member
May 22, 2016
So can I submit the T1 form? He requested notice of assessment from CRA over 2 weeks ago, he went down service canada to check today but still not arrive. Is it compulsory or can we submit his T1 form and bank transaction.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Wait for the notice of assessment. If you do not have one because you didn't have a job, then it is OK to not include it, but since you can get one, CIC will expect to see it.

babymistycat

Star Member
May 22, 2016
AladdinsGirl said:
The Option C I was able to print out myself, once I got access to My Account on the CRA website. And as the previous poster mentioned, it's exactly like a NOA (Notice of Assessment) except you are able to print it yourself.

Since there is no income requirement for the sponsor (for spouse), you just have to prove how you will support yourselves, when you move back how are you going to pay for things so you don't have to go on welfare. For example I got a letter from my parents (relatives, etc) saying that we can stay with them until we are able to find jobs, if you have any savings (non registered or registered). If you have family that can offer financial assistance that would be a great help for sure.

Good Luck!!
To register MyAccount in CRA, do you require a pin code from CRA to mail to you before you can register?

Alidykeman

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
22-7-2016 upfront
canadianwoman said:
They used to want the Option C, but now they will accept your notice of assessment. The Option C is like the notice of assessment, and you can get it from the CRA.
You do not need a letter from parents offering support, but it won't hurt.

Hi canadianwoman, it's me again :) if Option C is like NOA, do we need to submit both?, my husband already have his NOA for 2015, but i' told him to get Option C . now he will try to phone CRA tomorrow.
does it necessary to include T4 for 2014 & 13? or Option C and NOA 2015 and letter from employer ,would be good enough?

thank you

AladdinsGirl

Dec 3, 2014
Cairo, Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2016
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
babymistycat said:
To register MyAccount in CRA, do you require a pin code from CRA to mail to you before you can register?
Yes I did, and I hadn't done my income taxes since 2012, so I had to do 3 years worth, get a pin number (I got it sent to my parents address because I am living in Egypt and there is no way I would a) get it in time b) ever get it due to never receiving post here (EVER). It takes a bit of time to get it all set up but if I can do it from here you should have no problem. If you don't have any income to declare you can write a letter explaining this to CIC. I know a few people who didn't do their income tax returns for a couple of years and they got approved (also they never provided a letter either but I wouldn't suggest that, be honest, they will find out if you are lying).

babymistycat

Star Member
May 22, 2016
AladdinsGirl said:
Yes I did, and I hadn't done my income taxes since 2012, so I had to do 3 years worth, get a pin number (I got it sent to my parents address because I am living in Egypt and there is no way I would a) get it in time b) ever get it due to never receiving post here (EVER). It takes a bit of time to get it all set up but if I can do it from here you should have no problem. If you don't have any income to declare you can write a letter explaining this to CIC. I know a few people who didn't do their income tax returns for a couple of years and they got approved (also they never provided a letter either but I wouldn't suggest that, be honest, they will find out if you are lying).
My husband did phone in CRA to request security code but until today, we have not receive NOA and security code. I scheduled my medical tomorrow and really hope to submit my PR application but seem somuch of hurdles to jump through.

We do not know is it due to disrupted canada post service. Why is it taking so long.

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
babymistycat said:
My husband did phone in CRA to request security code but until today, we have not receive NOA and security code. I scheduled my medical tomorrow and really hope to submit my PR application but seem somuch of hurdles to jump through.

We do not know is it due to disrupted canada post service. Why is it taking so long.
I called CRA and applied for the 2015 Notice of Assessment Option C printout. It took about two weeks to receive it. We sent it after we submitted our application because we had our 2014 Notice of Assessment Option C printout which was submitted with the application.

babymistycat

Star Member
May 22, 2016
browning911 said:
I called CRA and applied for the 2015 Notice of Assessment Option C printout. It took about two weeks to receive it. We sent it after we submitted our application because we had our 2014 Notice of Assessment Option C printout which was submitted with the application.
If hubby received the security code from CRA, can he print out Option C from MyAccount? Suppose to mail out and receive this week.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Alidykeman said:
Hi canadianwoman, it's me again :) if Option C is like NOA, do we need to submit both?, my husband already have his NOA for 2015, but i' told him to get Option C . now he will try to phone CRA tomorrow.
does it necessary to include T4 for 2014 & 13? or Option C and NOA 2015 and letter from employer ,would be good enough?
The notice of assessment and the letter from the employer are enough.

martha1901

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
18-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
20-06-2016
babymistycat said:
If hubby received the security code from CRA, can he print out Option C from MyAccount? Suppose to mail out and receive this week.
You can register online then to access your account CRA have to send you a code which takes about 4-8 business day by mail.

martha1901

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
18-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
20-06-2016
Yes you can print it from there.

Alidykeman

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
22-7-2016 upfront
canadianwoman said:
The notice of assessment and the letter from the employer are enough.
Thank you , 'glad he doesn't need to find his T4 copies.