+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Opt-in for Valid Open Work Permit Holders

Jun 3, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
Did we need to raise any webform to receive WP by post. As the letter says to get it from border officer?
If you are already in Canada and your GCKey letter shows the same address where you are currently staying than you dont need to do anything. You should receive the hard copy of WP in your post within 8-10 days after receiving the GCKey "correspondence letter".

smullick01

Nov 29, 2021
I submitted the Opt-in on Jun 7 then on July 17, I received an email from IRCC about a technical issue and asked me to update my address again. Since then, I don't see any update and I see my old WP on the GC key portal. Anyone sailing in the same boat.

DhaliwalKaur

Jul 28, 2023
Hi,

Anyone please share your application status who received "correspondence letter" instead of In-Canada Approval. I did not receive anything.

hcueva10

Feb 10, 2019
How long did it take for everyone to receive the permit? I was approved on July 25th but haven't gotten it yet.

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Not yet..I wanted to explore what documents do I need to carry to flagpole and get a WP for my spouse ?
I just confirmed it through a friend. We need following documents for flag-polling

1. Fill out imm5710e and printed ready
2. Work permit (Main applicant- must be valid of 6 months or more)
3. Immigration documents for spouse (WP/SP or visitor record)
3. Marriage certificate
4. Supporting documents from main applicant(Employment letter/certificate + recent pay slips for main applicant)

And we don't need to apply anything online but physically present all the above documents ready to visa officer for work permit application

Very imporant: We will need original passports to cross US-Canadian border.

Jul 10, 2023
I just confirmed it through a friend. We need following documents for flag-polling

1. Fill out imm5710e and printed ready
2. Work permit (Main applicant- must be valid of 6 months or more)
3. Immigration documents for spouse (WP/SP or visitor record)
3. Marriage certificate
4. Supporting documents from main applicant(Employment letter/certificate + recent pay slips for main applicant)

And we don't need to apply anything online but physically present all the above documents ready to visa officer for work permit application

Very imporant: We will need original passports to cross US-Canadian border.
This is very useful.Thank you...Does this also apply in my case where I got 18 months sowp extension but my spouse is on closed wp which is expiring soon..he is eligible for owp based on my owp and same documents stated above applies ?..please confirm..

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
This is very useful.Thank you...Does this also apply in my case where I got 18 months sowp extension but my spouse is on closed wp which is expiring soon..he is eligible for owp based on my owp and same documents stated above applies ?..please confirm..
I am also in the same situation. I intend to go for flag-polling during this week for myself; my spouse got 18 month extension. whereas I have mine the employer-specifi WP

I believe we will need the same documents that we use for extension of normal WP. Its just a matter of eligibility that only a visa officer can tell

sj1023

Jul 10, 2023
I am also in the same situation. I intend to go for flag-polling during this week for myself; my spouse got 18 month extension. whereas I have mine the employer-specifi WP

I believe we will need the same documents that we use for extension of normal WP. Its just a matter of eligibility that only a visa officer can tell
I'm also curious to know if this works. Please keep us posted on your experience. All the very best.

Reactions: powereng1982