+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Opt-in for Valid Open Work Permit Holders

Alex2024

Jul 31, 2023
I applied on June 26th (opted-in) and haven’t received any news just previous application for WP extension changed to “in progress “
Should we send a web form now?

Jun 3, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
For those who applied for Opt-In between June 6th to June 13th started receiving their WP approvals between July 20th to July 27th. So going by that logic, those who opted in late June should expect to receive their WP's by First week or Mid-August. However you should raise webform as IRCC recommended if there is no update in GCkey by July 31st. But trust me, it must be in progress. You all know IRCC takes some time.

Jun 3, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
Anyone who can comment on experiencing the same issue?
Have not faced the problem. I remember that there I tried to update the address at the time of opting in and realized that it was not working, some error message came as well. So I let the address be and went ahead and hit the opt-in button. Later I opened a webform to update my address. Maybe you should raise a webform as well.

charsqc2023

Jul 24, 2023
For me, the application remained in progress. I still have not received an approval or refusal response. Nor received a paper permit in the mailbox.

CHERA

May 10, 2021
Ok, Good news folks, I just received the hard copy of the new extended WP by post. There ends the struggle for the time being :). No remarks or observations either and valid till July 2025.

All the best for all your applications and wish you all success.
Did we need to raise any webform to receive WP by post. As the letter says to get it from border officer?