+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Opt-in for Valid Open Work Permit Holders

sarab1402

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
I agree with you and wouldnt hesitate in trying it.

For flag-polling, should we apply first and go there or we can also apply on-site after getting consultation with visa officer to confirm the eligibility?
Just tell the officer you are here for flag-polling to get an open work permit on the basis of a spouse's work permit.
Then may check your spouse's open work permit and let you know whether you are eligible or not.
Don't forget to carry documents like a pay stub, job offer letter and description.

Reactions: powereng1982

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Just tell the officer you are here for flag-polling to get an open work permit on the basis of a spouse's work permit.
Then may check your spouse's open work permit and let you know whether you are eligible or not.
Don't forget to carry documents like a pay stub, job offer letter and description.
Thanks, should we apply online before arriving there?

Steve Smith

Jul 28, 2023
My Canadian visit visa has been approved. I want to ask a question about my travel plans. When I applied for the visit visa, I mentioned that I would arrive in the first week of November. However, my visa was issued before November. Can I travel to Canada in the first week of August?

DhaliwalKaur

Jul 28, 2023
Hi, I am also on SOWP, I did opt-in and today I got approval, but there is a corresponding letter "Bring this letter to border to get work permit" It looks like the letter I got when I applied from India. It is not Inside Canada approval Letter. Now what I have to do ? Should I go to border to get work permit.

Please advise.

charsqc2023

Jul 24, 2023
Congrats! Do you received some email? Or it was just updated in your GCKey IRCC account?

I think you just need to wait until the hardcopy of the permit arrives in your box mail. That's it
Hi, I am also on SOWP, I did opt-in and today I got approval, but there is a corresponding letter "Bring this letter to border to get work permit" It looks like the letter I got when I applied from India. It is not Inside Canada approval Letter. Now what I have to do ? Should I go to border to get work permit.

Please advise.

DhaliwalKaur

Jul 28, 2023
Congrats! Do you received some email? Or it was just updated in your GCKey IRCC account?

I think you just need to wait until the hardcopy of the permit arrives in your box mail. That's it
I got email first, then I checked in GC key, It is showing valid until 2025, but I am worried about it, it was not In Canada approval letter.

visacan21

Jul 26, 2023
I opted for "Opt-in" on 7th June. I've not received anything until today.
On 17th July, I've received an email stating about technical issues at their end related to address so I updated my address again on the same day.
But when I was trying to check the status, it is still giving me the similar error as follow in both Passport and Address field:

Error: Cannot retrieve client information

Anyone facing the same or Anyone has a solution for the same?
Anyone who can comment on experiencing the same issue?

Jun 3, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
I got email first, then I checked in GC key, It is showing valid until 2025, but I am worried about it, it was not In Canada approval letter.
If the letter contains your current Canada residential address, then the WP hard copy is mailed by post to your address. Nothing to worry. Everyone is receiving this kind of letter which makes you feel it is the first time.

charsqc2023

Jul 24, 2023
I checked my ircc account. Status changed to application in progress.
Hello, did you get any news?

Today is the last day for opt-in processing, my application has been under review since July 26 at night.

Hopefully and it will be processed today, it is difficult to deal with this uncertainty.