+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Opt-in for Valid Open Work Permit Holders

kaihuh

Nov 22, 2022
The update line is updated in your current WP application ("your last approved one"). Check the document status, you will see 2 lines, 1 saying that your last permit is invalid and the other updating your new expiry date. Need to be very careful to see the update! ;)
Thanks for the explanations, it seems they have not processed my opt in yet. no thing changed yet

Jul 10, 2023
Did you email confirmation on your GC key account that your hard copy has been mailed? Or did you check under document status?
Yes you will receive an email and a message appears on your IRCC WP application under " messages about your application" there is a letter titled " in Canada approval letter " which says that a secure document has been mailed

Hchopra218

Jul 18, 2023
Yes you will receive an email and a message appears on your IRCC WP application under " messages about your application" there is a letter titled " in Canada approval letter " which says that a secure document has been mailed
Thanks for the reply. This helps a lot. I applied on June 12, so probably couple more days I guess.

Reactions: Openworkpermit23