+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Opt-in for Valid Open Work Permit Holders

Jul 10, 2023
any update guys?
I checked my GCkey and it show in progress .Previously it showed "final decision made" and with document status which was my old application.
But currently the same application shows in progress and document status disappeared.

I donno if anyone else here observed this pattern

RajeshNadella

Jun 10, 2021
I checked my GCkey and it show in progress .Previously it showed "final decision made" and with document status which was my old application.
But currently the same application shows in progress and document status disappeared.

I donno if anyone else here observed this pattern
When is your SOWP expiring?

TubaZ

Feb 23, 2021
Hi guys, has anyone gotten any news so far? Seems to me like no progress is being made on this

quatummm

Jun 28, 2021
Hi All, I received a mail.

it says:

Your application to work in Canada has been initially approved by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. The final decision to issue you a work permit and allow you to enter Canada is made after an examination by an officer in Canada. At that time, an officer will assess if you still meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, its Regulations and any other Canadian legislation.

Documents you must bring with you to get your work permit: • a valid passport or travel document. o Your work permit won’t be valid beyond your passport’s expiry date. • a valid temporary resident (visitor) visa (TRV) or Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), if required. o Your eTA is valid for multiple visits to Canada, until . Your eTAnumber is and is linked to the passport you used when you applied to work in Canada. If you obtain a new passport before , you will need to apply for a new eTA by visiting www.canada.ca/eTA.

where should I bring my documents to get my work permit ? or are they going to mail to my address ?

Jun 3, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
My wife is also on SOWP till 31-Dec-2023. She got the opt-in email and I created a seperate IRCC GCKey login for her and after linking her current WP, saw the opt-in link inside GCkey. So I applied for her extension opt-in on June 15th. No mail received after opting in and no updates via email or GCKey received so far. Still waiting. Like the member who mentioned, IRCC says to raise webform with "OWP2023" in the text box if the extended WP is not received before July 31st 2023. So lets hope there is some progress.

sarab1402

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
Hi All, I received a mail.

it says:

Your application to work in Canada has been initially approved by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. The final decision to issue you a work permit and allow you to enter Canada is made after an examination by an officer in Canada. At that time, an officer will assess if you still meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, its Regulations and any other Canadian legislation.

Documents you must bring with you to get your work permit: • a valid passport or travel document. o Your work permit won’t be valid beyond your passport’s expiry date. • a valid temporary resident (visitor) visa (TRV) or Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), if required. o Your eTA is valid for multiple visits to Canada, until . Your eTAnumber is and is linked to the passport you used when you applied to work in Canada. If you obtain a new passport before , you will need to apply for a new eTA by visiting www.canada.ca/eTA.

where should I bring my documents to get my work permit ? or are they going to mail to my address ?
That amazing!
Can you let me know your status? I mean you got the SOWP on what basis? Did your spouse holds PGWP or Closed work permit or study permit?