+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OPNP - POF

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
Is it okay to send last 2 months bank statement as Proof Of Funds for OPNP application. Required funds have just been deposited in account 2 months ago. Please help...

mars_m

Aug 28, 2015
Nope, you need 6 months of financial statements.
You need to account for where the money came from otherwise.

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
Thanks Mars_M, That was all deposited in cash, i had invested in family business. Not sure how to prove the source. Then too thinking of taking the chance, may be they will ask for explanation later and by that time i would have maintained required balance in my account for 5-6 months.

mars_m

Aug 28, 2015
cjs said:
Thanks Mars_M, That was all deposited in cash, i had invested in family business. Not sure how to prove the source. Then too thinking of taking the chance, may be they will ask for explanation later and by that time i would have maintained required balance in my account for 5-6 months.
I am not sure about taking such a risk. They may just outright reject the application instead of asking for more information.

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
I agree with Mars_M. There is certainly a possibility of rejection if you cannot show the source of funds.

If it is a family business, you could show other supporting documents (tax statements, receipts, etc) to prove that the funds you've in your account are yours to use. You need a paper-trail to show the money you have in your account is from the business your family owns.

mvd

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Can anybody tell me whether FD can be shown as POF?

2. Is it mandatory to have FD's in applicants name or joint holder FD's can also work? (when the other account holder is not accompanying the applicant)

Thanks

tfeddy2012

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Got invitation to apply for PNP....Do i need to show proof of fund even though i,m applying under CEC and have a full time job in canada