+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OPNP nomination conditions

taimoorsoomro

Oct 24, 2017
Hello

I wanted to ask if i opt for Provincial nomination and i get accepted. What are the conditions usually for that nomination, such as i am interested for Ontario nomination, so will they put a condition that after it is accepted and I get the visa, I should compulsory shift and move to Canada? Or do i have the option still that I get the visa and come to Canada maybe after 3-4 years?

Thanks in advance.

nishantvshah

Feb 7, 2017
Hello

I wanted to ask if i opt for Provincial nomination and i get accepted. What are the conditions usually for that nomination, such as i am interested for Ontario nomination, so will they put a condition that after it is accepted and I get the visa, I should compulsory shift and move to Canada? Or do i have the option still that I get the visa and come to Canada maybe after 3-4 years?

Thanks in advance.
Generally your PR validity is 5 years. No one can force you to come and stay in Canada. You can come whenever you want. However you need to consider the conditions for granting an extension for the PR or getting a passport.

Normally a province would nominate you as they feel that you can contribute to the community with your work experience as well as your family. there is no written obligation to this though.

Nishant.