+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OPINIONS PLEASEE!!

kelissa

Aug 2, 2012
hi everyone.
I didnt know where to post this topic, so i just posted under here.
I am a 22 year old canadian citizen who is engaged to my soon to be husband who happens to be a refugee claimant. I have a 2 year old daughter (who is not his, but decided to raise as his own since she was one and 1/2 years old) and I am now currently 4 months pregnant with his first child. His family and himself are currently in the process of reporting every month. He has not applied for PRRA yet as he has not reached that stage yet, but we know that it is around the corner. He has told me thinks that he may not be eligiable for a PRRA application as he has commited a criminial offence here in ontario. I do inist that he apply with PRRA when the time comes and that he should mention that he is no longer on his own, that he is supporting his new family with a baby on the way who is due in january. He deeply believes that we will be deported by november, but i think that we might still be able to spend one more christmas here, his family my family all together before we go our seprate ways. What i would like to know is, if he were to mention that he is awaiting his child if they would allow him to stay in canada till his baby is born, or if they would not take that at all into consideration and deporte him. I have already made the decision if he is to be deported that my daughter and myself would leave with him, even if we both are canadian citizens. This situation has me very stressed and I have noone to ask for opinions as for the people i know dont have to go through situations like this. So if anyone knows anything or recommandations please let me know.

ladyjess

Apr 17, 2012
I dont know the answers to ur questions but I will pray you and your family can stay together as long as pssible

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not familiar with what happens when refugee applications are denied but I think you need a lawyer for this. As his wife, you could sponsor him for PR so he does not need the refugee claim. It depends on his criminal offense, how serious that was, if that will affect anything. The reason why you need a lawyer is because if he truly believes that his refugee claim will be refused, it may be better to withdraw it and apply to sponsor him inland instead but you need to talk to a lawyer about that first.

If he does get deported, it is not the end of the world or a ban from Canada forever. As you said, you can go live with him somewhere else and you can sponsor him for PR later. Even in a worst case scenario if he gets a 2 year ban, you can sponsor him in 2 years time. What country is he from?

kelissa

Aug 2, 2012
Leon, he is mexican. And his offense was a DUI resulting in getting his license suspended for a year and 1000$ fine which he already paid off back in march.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
kelissa said:
Leon, he is mexican. And his offense was a DUI resulting in getting his license suspended for a year and 1000$ fine which he already paid off back in march.
When did he finish his sentence? This is an important date since he's inadmissible for five years from the date he completed his sentence. See here for more information about inadmissibility and rehabilitation:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5312ETOC.asp#5312E4

I think it's extremely unlikely PPRA will succeed given the criminal conviction. Unfortunately I don't think having a baby is going to make a difference. The criminal conviction trumps everything.