+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Opinions needed

clover123

Sep 19, 2011
Hi Everybody! I'm new here. I am very much happy to finally found a website like this one. I would like to share with you my dillema right now. I am confused between edmonton and ottawa. My priority is finding a place wherein i can practice as medical labarotary assistant and nursing assistant for my husband. Though we are a registered medtech and nurse here in the philippines but i believed it a regulated profession in canada. So for a start being an assistant is fine with us. We also have a 1yr old daughter. Any inputs is much appreciated.

qwerbilzak

Star Member
Nov 2, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010
AOR Received.
18-11-2010
Med's Request
20-04-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
Passport Req..
06-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
clover123 said:
Hi Everybody! I'm new here. I am very much happy to finally found a website like this one. I would like to share with you my dillema right now. I am confused between edmonton and ottawa. My priority is finding a place wherein i can practice as medical labarotary assistant and nursing assistant for my husband. Though we are a registered medtech and nurse here in the philippines but i believed it a regulated profession in canada. So for a start being an assistant is fine with us. We also have a 1yr old daughter. Any inputs is much appreciated.
You may have a bit more luck if you post this in the Skilled Worker forum, dunno. Lots more activity there.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you go to http://www.cicic.ca/684/Medical_Laboratory_Technologists.canada?prof=3211 you can see information about how to get licensed as a medical laboratory technologist. They did not have an entry for assistant.

For a nurse, you can look at licensed practical nurse: http://www.cicic.ca/684/Practical_Nurses.canada?prof=3233 or a registered nurse: http://www.cicic.ca/684/Registered_Nurses.canada?prof=3152

It is easier to get licensed as a practical nurse but they also make less money.

clover123

Sep 19, 2011
Thanks leon, but my concern is where can we easily find a job as an assistant in ottawa or edmonton. I think for a start we should settle as an assistant

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know about Ottawa but I remember a woman who was a practical nurse saying she initially went to BC but could not find a job there but found a job in Alberta quickly, not sure if it was in Edmonton or Calgary. Have you looked at the job bank to see which city has more job ads in your field? You can also use the links I gave you to find associations of nurses and technologists and you can contact them in the provinces you are looking at and ask them how the job market is in their field in those cities.

Why are only Edmonton and Ottawa possibilities for you? Canada has a lot of other cities too.