+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Operating Small Bussines in Canada.How can we get PR?

Laurka353

Oct 22, 2012
HI All!

I have a question. We have a small bussiness in Canada since 3 years. Our bussines is growing every year.We have 3 employee. I'm International student my husband has an open workpermit. We would like to applie for PR. I checked the cic website and looks like we can not apply under work experience class if I'm right because he is shelf employee. We also can't apply under bussiness immigrant program since we do not have 800.000$:) So I don't know what other option we have or maybe other classes.
I still have 2 years from the University I know I can apply if I graduate but I would like to apply soon as possible.
Any idea or help?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I think your best bet is Canadian Experience Class. However you'll have to get one year of full time work experience after you graduate to qualify.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/index.asp

Laurka353

Oct 22, 2012
No Unfortunately we are not operate farm or we are not an athlete. :) Our Company is a delivery company. And I don't know if you can apply inside Canada if you are already in as temporary worker.
I thik it's so stupid I can Immigrate to Canada if I'm a employee but if I'm employer I can't. Because the exeption is self employed can not immigrate to Canada under Work Experience Class. It's a law. I think a lots of people who came as a temporary foregin worker could not find a job so they opened ther own business and hired Canadian.:) We are paying taxes giving job for people etc. We are small to be a coporation company or provide 1 million a year but we pay Tax and we do growth the Canadian economy and provide job for Canadian residence.
But looks like nobody care. :(

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have an idea, but not sure if it works. Here it goes:

How about if one of you be the employer and the other be the employee? Say one spouse worked for another spouse's company/business for one to two years full time, will this make the employee spouse qualify to apply for PR under CEC? Once the spouse has PR, he/she could sponsor the other to immigrate here via spousal sponsorship.