+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open WP to Intra company transfer

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
the original question was, was that allowed, ICT if you’re already in Canada
You have already been working for the company in Canada for around a year on an OWP. Had you arrived in Canada, didn't have the right to work in Canada and were still working remotely from the company in your home country then an ICT would make sense.

walk_2_canada

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Saskatoon, SK
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
You have already been working for the company in Canada for around a year on an OWP. Had you arrived in Canada, didn't have the right to work in Canada and were still working remotely from the company in your home country then an ICT would make sense.
i agree, but with same conditions my company has agreed. I will keep the thread updated aa I get more details

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
i agree, but with same conditions my company has agreed. I will keep the thread updated aa I get more details
Yes we will see what happens although it seems pretty clear what you should expect. Is your company using a lawyer? If so they may indicate that this isn't possible although some lawyers will just take the money.

Reactions: walk_2_canada

kalani123

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
Dear all,

Found this useful thread having similarities to my case. If someone has some idea please advise.

I had traveled to Canada in mar 2020 with an open work permit (sponsored by my spouse).
Then started covid lockdown and I had to stay in Canada and continue working remotely for my company in India.

My open work permit is valid till 2021 Jan and I have submitted owp extension (again spouse sponsored based on her job extension) application in September from Canada itself.

My company had a branch in Canada but they denied to consider my owp telling as per their policy they can't consider Open Work permit holders (as it is purely dependent on Spouse employmentand its wp) be transferred to Canada. But they agreed to apply for a fresh Intra company transfer for me from India.

I came to India few weeks before and have started checking the process of my ICT. I am confused bcos I already hold a OWP and its extension application is also in progress.

Not sure how my application will be considered. I might not require bio again as i gave it for my OWP. So it will be directly application processing and its decision and further stamping if application is approved.

with the current situation in India, anybody in the recent past applied ICT and have got approval if so , Can you please share timelines.

Also if application is approved, are visa stamping currently processed for WP in India?

Please provide some information you are aware of. It will help a lot.

Thank you .