Open WP to Intra company transfer

walk_2_canada

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Saskatoon, SK
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Can an individual convert open work permit to intra company transfer of the same company he/she is working.

I want to use Job offer for CRS , which is not allowed in OWP

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Can an individual convert open work permit to intra company transfer of the same company he/she is working.

You can use a job offer if the employer has an LMIA but if you are already in Canada you don't qualify for ICT.

Reactions: Naturgrl

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

No.

ICT means your company is transferring you from a job outside of Canada to a job inside of Canada.

Your employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA.

Rajni1488

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
I am in the same situation. I am in India. I launched my OWP file with spouse's Study permit on April 4th,2020 and it is in progress. Also, my employer filed the ICT work permit for me on September 30th. I am hoping that my OWP will be approved first as my wife has got AIP for study permit and will get her approval soon. If I enter Canada on OWP, can I later convert it to ICT because my employer already filed an ICT for me while I was in India?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am in the same situation. I am in India. I launched my OWP file with spouse's Study permit on April 4th,2020 and it is in progress. Also, my employer filed the ICT work permit for me on September 30th. I am hoping that my OWP will be approved first as my wife has got AIP for study permit and will get her approval soon. If I enter Canada on OWP, can I later convert it to ICT because my employer already filed an ICT for me while I was in India?
No because you would not be transferring from your job in India.

Rajni1488

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
No because you would not be transferring from your job in India.
My ICT application was launched in New Delhi office under Global skilled strategy requesting 2 weeks processing on Sept 30th 2020. But nothing is moving in this application. Review of eligibility has not started yet.m. Is there any way I can convince delhi visa officer to expedite.

I am pretty sure my OWP application will be approved anytime now as my wife is studying online her 1st term of masters program at Dalhousie university. We have complete application and already passed 1st stage with approval in principle. DLI is approved with COVID 19 readiness plan.

what do u recommend that I would do so that my ICT is approved first? Webform or write an email to Delhi office or anything else.

walk_2_canada

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Saskatoon, SK
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
My ICT application was launched in New Delhi office under Global skilled strategy requesting 2 weeks processing on Sept 30th 2020. But nothing is moving in this application. Review of eligibility has not started yet.m. Is there any way I can convince delhi visa officer to expedite.

I am pretty sure my OWP application will be approved anytime now as my wife is studying online her 1st term of masters program at Dalhousie university. We have complete application and already passed 1st stage with approval in principle. DLI is approved with COVID 19 readiness plan.

what do u recommend that I would do so that my ICT is approved first? Webform or write an email to Delhi office or anything else.
If you can wait, wait for ICT. ICT job offers help in PR points without LMIA. if you dont need those point come in on OWP

Rajni1488

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
If you can wait, wait for ICT. ICT job offers help in PR points without LMIA. if you dont need those point come in on OWP
Thanks for your help. Does this mean that my ICT application will be automatically withdrawn if i travel to Canada on Open work permit even though i will work for the same employer in canada who filled my ICT?

walk_2_canada

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Saskatoon, SK
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Thanks for your help. Does this mean that my ICT application will be automatically withdrawn if i travel to Canada on Open work permit even though i will work for the same employer in canada who filled my ICT?

I dont know on that, but if you move into Canada, there are chances that ICT application may become ineligible.

achin06

Star Member
Oct 4, 2019
Can someone help here and provide guidance? I am currently with my employer on ICT visa and have already applied for my OWP, as my spouse employer applied for her closed work permit. Now, my company is also applying for my ICT extension.
Can you suggest if my OWP can be converted to ICT visa later as my OWP application might be processed soon? Or shall I withdraw my OWP application before it is processed and apply for ICT extension?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Why do you want ICT to be approved versus OWP? For ICT you need to work for a year and have a new job offer with LMIA to get points for CRS.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Why do you want ICT to be approved versus OWP? For ICT you need to work for a year and have a new job offer with LMIA to get points for CRS.
That's wrong. LMIA is not needed under an ICT to claim the 50 points.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.