+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

open working permit

infomatter

Dec 27, 2012
I am a little confuse and worried due to the fact I applied for trv from Nigeria before and it was refused then I was advise to apply for open work permit which I did. Meanwhile, I have gone for medical and the result sent to CEN (Canada embassy Nigeria), since I have not hear anything from them. my question is how long does it take after medical received?

infomatter

Dec 27, 2012
thanks!!! well is been more than 2-3 weeks and I did it November 23, the clinic submit send it 29 Nov. I do appreciate your reply

annekaykay

Dec 28, 2012
Hi

My spouse got a Job in alberta as a long haul truck driver. We applied together and we got through, he got his work permit and myself as his spouse as well as our 2yrs old son got our trv. There was a pilot project that expired july 30 2012 where the spouse of long haul truck driver could apply for an open work permit. However our applications went in after that date and so i did not apply for the permit. I am now just seeing on the CIC website that the project has been extended to july 31, 2013. I just want to know if i can apply for the open permit now seen that i already have a trv. I want to apply from outside of Canada as i was planning to visit my fiance in the next three months so i would start the process from now.

Thanks in advance

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
On what basis are you applying for the Open Work Permit?

infomatter said:
I am a little confuse and worried due to the fact I applied for trv from Nigeria before and it was refused then I was advise to apply for open work permit which I did. Meanwhile, I have gone for medical and the result sent to CEN (Canada embassy Nigeria), since I have not hear anything from them. my question is how long does it take after medical received?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
annekaykay said:
Hi

My spouse got a Job in alberta as a long haul truck driver. We applied together and we got through, he got his work permit and myself as his spouse as well as our 2yrs old son got our trv. There was a pilot project that expired july 30 2012 where the spouse of long haul truck driver could apply for an open work permit. However our applications went in after that date and so i did not apply for the permit. I am now just seeing on the CIC website that the project has been extended to july 31, 2013. I just want to know if i can apply for the open permit now seen that i already have a trv. I want to apply from outside of Canada as i was planning to visit my fiance in the next three months so i would start the process from now.

Thanks in advance
Is this person your husband (spouse) or fiance? Canada doesn't have fiance visas.

annekaykay

Dec 28, 2012
We are in a common-law relationship. We already did the paperworks from jamaica and he got his permit and we have our trv. I am applying on the basis of the Alberta pilot project where the spouse of a long haul truck driver is eligible to obtain an open work permit which will expire the same time as my spouseès if it is granted to me. The project ends July 31, 2012 so i want to know if I can still apply for the work permit seen that my spouse is now in Canada and I amin Jamaica and I have my trv.