+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

?????open work visa??????

tamee

Jul 25, 2007
hi there--im a USA citizen with 3 children under 18, my husband is a canadian born citizen. we are applying for my pir and i have read a few different things that have me confused. our goal is to get me there the quickest way possible and to be able to work and my kids goto school without paying thousands of dollars for them to do this. so my question is...reading on this site i came across this bit of info, "While waiting for their Canada Immigration Visas, Sponsored persons are allowed to work or study in Canada only after the Sponsorship Application has been approved in principle by Citizenship and Immigratin Canada. They will then be granted an Open Work Permit or a Study Permit." if this is true then what would it matter if i file outside of canada or inside canada which would take more time for processing? has anyone heard of this or done this first hand?if so what is the info about this? do you still need HR to approve you like you need to for a work visa? all i want is to live with my husband and work and my kids to be able to goto school and they are telling me i need to live apart from my husband for a year or more til i get pir:( are there any exceptions to USA citizens? help im getting fustrated!!!! and sad:( oh and another thing--what does "approved in principle" mean?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

tamee said:
hi there--im a USA citizen with 3 children under 18, my husband is a canadian born citizen. we are applying for my pir and i have read a few different things that have me confused. our goal is to get me there the quickest way possible and to be able to work and my kids goto school without paying thousands of dollars for them to do this. so my question is...reading on this site i came across this bit of info, "While waiting for their Canada Immigration Visas, Sponsored persons are allowed to work or study in Canada only after the Sponsorship Application has been approved in principle by Citizenship and Immigratin Canada. They will then be granted an Open Work Permit or a Study Permit." if this is true then what would it matter if i file outside of canada or inside canada which would take more time for processing? has anyone heard of this or done this first hand?if so what is the info about this? do you still need HR to approve you like you need to for a work visa? all i want is to live with my husband and work and my kids to be able to goto school and they are telling me i need to live apart from my husband for a year or more til i get pir:( are there any exceptions to USA citizens? help im getting fustrated!!!! and sad:( oh and another thing--what does "approved in principle" mean?
1. There is no approval in principle for (AIP) for applications processed outside Canada.
2. Approval in Principle for in-Canada applications takes about 8/9 months, and it means that the applicant has meet the requirements for immigration.
3. Are the children your spouses? If they are, then they are Canadian citizens and do not have to be sponsored. If they are not his children then you are going to either have to get permission from the father or the courts to remove them to Canada from the US>

PMM