+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permits (OWP)

Jcarb93

Dec 6, 2020
Hi quick question, maybe someone can help.
I am currently on post graduate work visa expiring in sept 2021. We submitted our sponsorship app + OWP in November 2020. OWP got returned for insufficient fees and asked me to mail it to a different location than where we originally mailed both applications to (Alberta instead of Mississauga )
Anyway, OWP delivered to Alberta May 6. When do you know about your OWP? Do they send you an email to link paper application to online account or do you just get the permit in the mail once approved? How do you keep track of OWP status?
Thank you for your time.

Curtis3321

Apr 21, 2018
Canada
Category........
Hi quick question, maybe someone can help.
I am currently on post graduate work visa expiring in sept 2021. We submitted our sponsorship app + OWP in November 2020. OWP got returned for insufficient fees and asked me to mail it to a different location than where we originally mailed both applications to (Alberta instead of Mississauga )
Anyway, OWP delivered to Alberta May 6. When do you know about your OWP? Do they send you an email to link paper application to online account or do you just get the permit in the mail once approved? How do you keep track of OWP status?
Thank you for your time.
A similar situation regarding the visa being returned. I resent mine, mine arrived around a similar time as yours. I've been able to link my OWP. Just try to link it using your UCI, Family Name & passport info. I tried daily and it finally worked :)
Edit: To answer your Q: No, they do not send confirmation or anything. You just need to try and link it

Reactions: Jcarb93

Jcarb93

Dec 6, 2020
A similar situation regarding the visa being returned. I resent mine, mine arrived around a similar time as yours. I've been able to link my OWP. Just try to link it using your UCI, Family Name & passport info. I tried daily and it finally worked :)
Edit: To answer your Q: No, they do not send confirmation or anything. You just need to try and link it
Hey that worked!! Thank you so much. :)

Reactions: Curtis3321