+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

open work permit

joshi.akhil

Jul 9, 2019
Hi, I have a pr and want to bring my spouse in Canada as soon as possible. We earlier planned to bring my spouse in Canada using visitor visa and apply for inland pr sponsor and open workpermit for her. But it seems visitor visa are mostly getting rejected this days. I learned from a group that if we apply for pr sponsor outside canada and using the application, apply Visitor visa with dual intent there is a higher chance of her visitor visa getting approved. My question is if i apply for outland pr sponsor for my wife and bring her in Canada using visitor visa will we able to apply for open workpermit once she is in Canada ?

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, I have a pr and want to bring my spouse in Canada as soon as possible. We earlier planned to bring my spouse in Canada using visitor visa and apply for inland pr sponsor and open workpermit for her. But it seems visitor visa are mostly getting rejected this days. I learned from a group that if we apply for pr sponsor outside canada and using the application, apply Visitor visa with dual intent there is a higher chance of her visitor visa getting approved. My question is if i apply for outland pr sponsor for my wife and bring her in Canada using visitor visa will we able to apply for open workpermit once she is in Canada ?
No, she can’t apply for an OWP once in Canada. She can only apply for OWP if her application is applied inland.